Green Wing Page 4

Quote: Chappers @ May 2 2013, 9:46 PM BST

Post Office? Now there's an idea.

Yes, why don't you sell it?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ October 6 2013, 8:58 PM BST

Yes, why don't you sell it?

Well it is being privatised this month isn't it?

Totally twisted and demented series. I adored it.

Been watching these whilst we're being told to stay indoors - I love it. Gloriously daft, hilarious and an incredible cast list.

Can't believe I didn't watch it years ago.

Wonderful cast.

Heavily developed and scripted from character development improvisation sessions.

I'm amazed it isn't mentioned more often when great comedy shows of the past are discussed.

I've got it all on DVD except I think for the final special.

The constant 'slow mo' then speeding up of the action got on my tits

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd May 2020, 2:09 PM

Wonderful cast, and largely improvised.

Not true.

Heavily developed and scripted from character development improvisation sessions. An amazing team of writers are credited on the show.

Quote: Aaron @ 5th May 2020, 10:26 PM

Not true.

Heavily developed and scripted from character development improvisation sessions. An amazing team of writers are credited on the show.

I have amended my post accordingly.

I really must stop making stuff up. Huh?

Although things like Mark Heap's character were probably improvised by his characterisation.

The episodes were too long and self indulgent, a tight thirty minutes would have worked better. And the bloated self-conscious "look at me, aren't I surreal" nature of the show stopped it from ever being great.

OK! I've started watching this again from the start. Incredible laugh out loud moments and especially brilliant from the three main character actors. Mark Heap, Pippa Heywood and Michelle Gomez. They are just incredible natural comics.

Just watching it now but I don't think I ever saw the last episode of series one before.

Forced myself to watch it twice, felt asleep both times

Was Green Wing the one with Sally Bretton in a minor role? Been so long I could be confusing it with something else. I remember a scene where she puts a ruler in another girl's thong and winds it up, and the girl pretends she's a plane. Actually just typing that out makes me realise it must be Green Wing, no other show has that silly/surreal humour at the time.