DailyMash/Newsthump pay rates?

Anyone know very roughly how much these sites pay for an article? I notice Newthump pay more if your article is popular - is the Dailymash the same? Thanks for any info.

Also wondering this...

Time to order that yacht.

Whatever it is, it's too much.

I think you just submit ideas, payment is secondary. There's better options out there.

Where?

News Revue, BBC Drama and Comedy Rooms, freelancing.

I agree with all the above, but would quite like to know the answer as well...

NewsThump pay 60% of any advertising revenue your article generates so, yes, you get more if your article does much better. It works out about £1 for every 1000 pageviews (not Facebook likes or anything - people have to physically click through to your page for the advertising to load, and that's how you get paid.

It's not just ideas - you need to write the article. They might take an idea and write it up, but it'd better be a bloody good headline.

I believe Daily Mash pay a flat rate for articles though I have no experience of this - just previous contributors' experiences - as they've never replied to my enquiries and I don't even think their submissions page works last time I checked. Now they're on telly, you'd be hard pushed to get in there without a contact, I imagine.

Dan

Newsthump paId nothing for the few articles I had published. Which amazed me because they seemed pretty popular.

Yeah same here TrashBat. I've had 17 articles on News Thump, only ever been paid for two of them. Keep sending e-mails asking for payment just get excuses back or totally ignored. I know other writers who have had exactly the same problem with News Thump.

17 articles? you should be runningyour own site 'The news gap' .com has gone but .co.uk is available?

Quote: GAP1 @ 7th October 2020, 8:38 AM

Yeah same here TrashBat. I've had 17 articles on News Thump, only ever been paid for two of them. Keep sending e-mails asking for payment just get excuses back or totally ignored. I know other writers who have had exactly the same problem with News Thump.

I thought this might be the case, so I stopped sending stuff.
I see them begging for money on Facebook sometimes.

Breaking news.......I've had my payment from News Thump.

Well played!
Still nowt for me :(