What are you watching on TV? Page 2,184

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd April 2020, 3:11 AM

USA,UK and Oz voters all chose a leader who is more stupid then them.

I can't speak for Oz but, in the case of the UK and the USA, the lack of suitable alternatives rather left the electorate with few option,s

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd April 2020, 4:15 PM

I can't speak for Oz but, in the case of the UK and the USA, the lack of suitable alternatives rather left the electorate with few option,s

I reckon Satan might even be a better option than Trump, and going from the numpties who voted him in and whom we see being interviewed on TV, , they probably wouldn't know the difference.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd April 2020, 4:15 PM

Yes ,the same here.The Labor leader is a very uninspiring nonentity.

Phoenix Nights

Massively overrated....

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th April 2020, 12:54 PM

Phoenix Nights

Massively overrated....

You are Charlie Hebdo and I claim my £5!

Minder

Grandad from OFAH was in the Winchester club

And then Del and Rodneys Dad turned up in the car lot too!

"Britain's Got Talent" has in recent times gone further downhill than any other TV show that has ever gone downhill in the entire history of television.

For many years, the show was largely a mixture of acts that were either of professional quality or too bad to be true. It's difficult to remember a performer who was nowhere near good enough for television yet nowhere near bad enough to elicit derisive laughter.

Nowadays, the show is comprised almost entirely of people who would be a decent enough turn if performing at their local village hall but who are simply nowhere near good enough for TV.

As if that were not bad enough, the panel praise some of these mediocre performers to the high heavens.

Last night's show, once again, included a large number of youngsters - either dancing or singing in a choir.

It's 2020, not 1955: when it comes to entertainment value, I'm not sure British TV viewers see youngsters dancing together or singing together in choirs in quite the same light as they did when there was only one channel to choose from.

Okay, if they have star quality (a la Diversity), by all means wheel them onto TV but, in all other circumstances, please spare us!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd April 2020, 4:08 PM

I can hardly wait for "The Big Night In" tonight on BBC1.

All those multimillionaire celebrities asking the poor to donate money to the poor?

I love it! Laughing out loud

Yes. It is really good of them.

Bob's Burgers

The news. Apparently there's some kind of virus going round.

"Sunday Night at the London Palladium" from 1974.

Hosted by Ted Rogers who in his day was an amusing, if not sensationally funny, comedian.

The first act was Scottish singer/impressionist/comedian Allan Stewart whose name I didn't recognise but whose face I did. He was a very decent turn with a melodious singing voice and some skilful and funny impressions.

The second act was The New Dollys - three elegantly dressed, high-kicking American girls who rode bicycles around the stage pursued by a grey-haired man in a suit (also on a bike). To finish off their act, the grey-haired man with one of the girls on his shoulders and another girl on her shoulders rode around the stage on what must have been the smallest bike in the universe!

Ted Rogers then told some jokes about Mother's Day. The most interesting joke (from a "how times have changed" perspective) was about two hippies he'd seen in a shop buying Mother's Day presents for their fiancées.

Do you get it? Hippie couples were having children out of wedlock!

Next on stage was Irish singer Clodagh Rodgers who I always thought underrated.

She had three record hits within a couple of years around 1970 but then, to a great extent, faded from the public view despite a few appearances on TV with high profile celebrities during the 1970s. That was a shame because she had an excellent singing voice, she was exceedingly pretty and she seemed to be a very nice girl indeed. As if all that were not enough, she could do very good impressions of other singers. Very much a highly-talented "girl next door" type who I remember with fondness.

The headline act was Mike and Bernie Winters who, as comedy double acts go, were very good in their day - largely due to Bernie, of course.

A lady friend of mine once saw Bernie Winters in a restaurant in Manchester and told me she was amazed how good-looking he was in real life.

Grace and Favour

Gangs of London by Sky

The Ladykillers on Film4.

Wow,,,,Barry Humphries on morning TV.

He's doing pretty well for 86!!