Car Share - Audio Special

On iPlayer now. No real narrative this time, but nonetheless it's lovely.

Interesting and pleasing to see subtitles on it given it's just audio.

Yeah have to agree, I thought it was great, obviously just a shame there was no visual but hats off to Kay & co for putting this special together in such a short space of time.

It was funny and delightfully rude in a double-entendre-packed way.

I was pleased when John and Kayleigh became an item in the TV series, and don't knock it - some leading physicists believe that, somewhere, there is actually a universe in which that could happen.

It's very good, and could do with some repeats now really.

Quote: jsg @ 18th April 2020, 6:31 PM

It's very good, and could do with some repeats now really.

BBC One have confirmed they will be repeating Car Share again soon during this COVID-19 crisis. I'm not sure when though or which series they're repeating?

Quote: G180e @ 18th April 2020, 6:43 PM

BBC One have confirmed they will be repeating Car Share again soon during this COVID-19 crisis. I'm not sure when though or which series they're repeating?

Hopefully they do and it's not just Peter Kay's Comedy Shuffle.

Finally listened to this today - good fun, was great for last minute and having no real narrative, just them "shooting the shit" as it were. Proper chuckled a couple of times (Kayleigh's "groping Gary Glitter" story and John talking about the woman lying at the bottom of the slide after injuring herself ).

Quote: G180e @ 18th April 2020, 6:43 PM

That's good to hear! I've only watched them on original broadcast so looking forward to it!

I'm sure everybody who enjoyed this audio episode remembers the segment in which Kayleigh describes seeing a three-year-old (with teeth!) feeding from its mother's breast in a shop.

The child was "hanging off the tit with his teeth in Timbaland's!", she assured John.

Both John and Kayleigh appeared to disapprove, agreeing there was a time and a place for such maternal activities and appearing to agree that children of three were too old to be breastfeeding.

Their disapproval caused no fewer than 175 people to complain to the BBC but, in fairness to Peter Kay and the BBC, the apparent public outrage appears to have been manufactured rather than spontaneous: a campaign on Mumsnet had urged readers to complain to the BBC about the segment.

Don't you just love Mumsnet? Laughing out loud

Reruns of Car Share begin on BBC One on Friday 15th May at 9.30pm, for those who don't have the series on DVD. All 12 episodes will also be added back to iPlayer on the same day.

The episode with Reece Shearsmith in is on tonight.

Only got round to listening to this this afternoon. Pleasant distraction. A few good gags.

Made me think that it would be really nice to see more of them as a couple in a regular domestic sitcom though.