What are you watching on TV? Page 2,182

Seinfeld - the Pez dispenser

Left BBC on after HIGNFY and watching the Peter Kay thing. Never really watched much of his stuff before but pleasantly amused and entertained.

15 Stories High

Absolutely Fabulous

I just realised that Eddies ex husband is played by the crazy axe murderer from Only Fools..

New Red Dwarf

Just starting The Lavender Hill Mob on BBC2.

I'm watching "Journeyman" (2017), a film about a champion boxer who suffers brain damage in the ring and subsequently memory impairment and cerebral function.

The boxer's wife, an everyday northern working-class woman, is played by Jodie Whittaker and she plays the role very well indeed.

The thing that's puzzling me is I can't work out why they didn't give the role of the wife to Tom Baker or David Tennant.

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th April 2020, 12:56 PM

Absolutely Fabulous

I just realised that Eddies ex husband is played by the crazy axe murderer from Only Fools..

Oh yeah, I remember thinking at the time I'd seen him somewhere. Clears that one up. Not enough axe murder eps in sitcoms, or spooky ones in general, they're usually excellent. Current sitcom writers please take note.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th April 2020, 10:35 AM

Oh yeah, I remember thinking at the time I'd seen him somewhere. Clears that one up. Not enough axe murder eps in sitcoms, or spooky ones in general, they're usually excellent. Current sitcom writers please take note.

Maybe they should make Mark Heap one in Friday Night Dinner.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th April 2020, 1:40 PM

Maybe they should make Mark Heap one in Friday Night Dinner.

...as the last ever episode. :)

Just watching the Magic Christian on Talking Pictures. A comedy starring Peter Sellers and Ringo plus an assortment of famous 60s character and comedy actors. It also features music by Bad Finger.

Yeah not without some funny bits but in whole an awful Sellers vehicle, all over the place madcap nonsense. There's a Girl in my Soup on the other night is pretty similar but had the advantage of having Goldie Hawn in. The only one I really like from this period is Hoffman, a proper narrative film. They all have interesting shots of London from the late 60s though.

Are you enjoying the MOTD at home podcast of top ten things like me? Loving it, Ian Wright slagging off all he clashed with and roller blading through Highbury Palace when he'd had enough of Wenger. Ha ha.

Yet again I'm being deprived of my normal favoured prigramme because there's a bumblng evil orange-faced moron with a weird wig, talking inane shite. Where is Lee Harvey Oswald when we need him?

I've just watched one of the most entertaining TV dramas I've ever seen.

"Quiz", screened over three consecutive nights on ITV this week, is based upon the true story of Major Charles Ingram and his alleged attempt to cheat his way to a £1 million cash prize on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"

It's not a documentary: it's a TV drama with very good actors in the leading roles.

It really is an excellent TV production in every way and special mention, I think, has to be made of the talent of Michael Sheen who "does" Chris Tarrant as convincingly as any of the great impressionists have ever done anybody.

Thoroughly recommended.

I watch it too and it is brilliant. Michael Sheen is indeed brilliant playing Chris Tarrant