Is the ability to edit a post time limited?

I'm trying to edit my post in the Skit comp thread in a desperately futile attempt to make it funny, but the edit button has disappeared? Is the ability to edit a post time limited? And can the site mod's use their God like powers to allow me an edit?

Ta

Think so, yeah. You can't edit any post more than a week old.

I'm sure the powers that be could edit it for you but if it was part of a competition the option to edit might have been removed at the same deadline for everyone. Like trying to board an Easyjet flight when check in has closed.

Thanks for replying JSG & Tarby. The lack of an edit button means i have two unfunny entries instead of one. Why don't you pop over to the skit comp and vote? The more votes the better.

The thought of getting on a plane to somewhere exotic...

Hi playfull,

Yes, there's a time limit on editing - I don't remember what it is off hand; I had 6 months in mind though!

Sadly this was necessary to implement a few years ago after a number of members started going back and editing or completely deleting historic posts, making threads unreadable and unenjoyable for everyone else involved.

As noted, with the increase in contest threads on the forums, it also works to stop people fiddling around there too.

If you have a real problem to sort, you can always contact us and we'll look at changing it on your behalf.

Thanks Aaron, i will bear that in mind.