Things that piss you off Page 1,778

Pedestrians. When I cycle home from work now the roads and paths are chock full of them going on their Government-approved "one" walk a day.

BBC World News reporters. Many are incapable of pronouncing "vulnerable" correctly. Instead, they say "vunerbale". In fact, BBC World telly is becoming increasingly crap, dumbing down the news and not bothering to give much analysis or insight.

The ITV voiceover man. There's a disaster on, why are you so cheerful?

Quote: paulted @ 2nd April 2020, 10:42 AM

Professional footballers - You're a credit to society

Yes! Led by that greedy bastard Gordon Taylor and all of the self-serving players agents. Arseholes the lot of them.

Quote: chipolata @ 2nd April 2020, 11:48 AM

Pedestrians. When I cycle home from work now the roads and paths are chock full of them going on their Government-approved "one" walk a day.

I hope you're not one of those idiots who cycle on the pavement. After all the roads are empty.

Talking of cycling

I don't really know why, but those Pelaton adverts really get on my tits

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd April 2020, 8:21 PM

Talking of cycling

Everyone lives in a big open plan apartment so it's like they are saying if you live in a hovel don't even bother you peasant. We don't like your sort watching our adverts.

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd April 2020, 8:21 PM

Talking of cycling

At least it keeps them off the roads.

:)

I always walk to work and I've nearly been wiped out many a time by a grown adult riding their bike on the pavement

GET ON THE ROAD CRETIN, YOU'RE NOT 8 YEARS OLD ANYMORE

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd April 2020, 9:49 PM

:)

I always walk to work and I've nearly been wiped out many a time by a grown adult riding their bike on the pavement

GET ON THE ROAD CRETIN, YOU'RE NOT 8 YEARS OLD ANYMORE

There is no pavement on my route to work. Just lanes and cycle paths. Lanes and cycle paths now clogged with extras from Dawn of the Dead.

Bras. They get on my tits.

Candles. They get on my wick

Chauffeurs who take me to places that are not accessible by driving in a single straight line from our starting point.

They drive me round the bend.

That Aldi advert doing the rounds, that ends with "Go easy on the carrots". I get corny comedy help, but it needs to be funny on some level at least. Hang on, it's for a German supermarket. I get it now. Or maybe it refers to earlier adverts I didn't see ?

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd April 2020, 7:50 PM

That Aldi advert doing the rounds, that ends with "Go easy on the carrots". I get corny comedy help, but it needs to be funny on some level at least. Hang on, it's for a German supermarket. I get it now. Or maybe it refers to earlier adverts I didn't see ?

It's a German pun - probably!

I've been wondering the same because it's a confusing message. Is it a genuine notice that carrot supply is scarce or just a bit of fun tacked on to the end of the advert? I think the carrot has become a well known character as I recognise it from Christmas adverts so it's probably the latter but still a stupid idea in this time of panic buying.

WHAT? GO EASY ON THE CARROTS? ARRRRGH MUST HOARD CARROTS.