What are you watching on TV? Page 2,181

Barry Humphries narrating a wildlife programme on BBC2.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th March 2020, 7:48 PM

Barry Humphries narrating a wildlife programme on BBC2.

One thing's for certain: it won't be your everage wildlife programme!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th March 2020, 8:32 PM

One thing's for certain: it won't be your everage wildlife programme!

Was it about possums?

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th March 2020, 12:53 PM

Was it about possums?

Booyah!

:D

Here's a clue

"4291.."

I've just discovered London Kills. It's in the 2.15 slot used for Shakespeare and Hathaway and Father Brown but it's a lot grittier.

I saw it was starting this week and then realised (I think) that it's the third series. Anyway I'm watching series 1 and I'm hooked. It also features Sharon Small who I used to be ambivalent about but there is something about her.

Anyway I'd recommend it to anyone who likes GOOD police dramas.

I'm watching a newish film "The Leisure Seeker" starring the iconic and charismatic Donald Sutherland and the ever-magnificent Helen Mirren.

The title refers to what we in Britain would call a campervan in which the two above stars (an elderly married couple) take off to seek adventure.

I say "elderly" because Donald is 84 and Helen is 74. Notwithstanding their considerable ages, both remain very young at heart and I'm a huge fan of both of them. I've always thought Donald immensely charismatic and, in the days before I became woke, I always saw Helen as the physical embodiment of the wow factor. Even today, if I try to imagine what an unwoke man might think of her, I cannot help but be absolutely certain he'd think she was still a beauty in every way.

I've only just started watching the film so it could be terrible or it could be wonderful.

Is that on tv, if so which channel

Quote: bushbaby @ 31st March 2020, 3:46 PM

Is that on tv, if so which channel

I'm watching it on TV - but it's on Netflix.

It's a Tuesday afternoon

I'm not at work

And I'm watching Minder with a brew

Mustn't grumble!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st March 2020, 4:18 PM

I'm watching it on TV - but it's on Netflix.

Oh ok, I have Netflix

Hoped to see Sky Press Preview but It's some moron with an orange face and weird wig talking bollocks.

Quote: bushbaby @ 31st March 2020, 4:56 PM

Oh ok, I have Netflix

It's free on BBC iplayer.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st April 2020, 3:59 PM

It's free on BBC iplayer.

Ok

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st March 2020, 3:34 PM

I'm watching a newish film "The Leisure Seeker" starring the iconic and charismatic Donald Sutherland and the ever-magnificent Helen Mirren . . .

. . . I've only just started watching the film so it could be terrible or it could be wonderful.

I've just finished watching it and it's absolutely wonderful.

The title is grossly misleading: when you first see it, you think it refers to a person. A little while later, you realise it refers to a campervan and when the elderly couple set off on it, you don't really have a clue what's going to happen.

However, the misleading and inappropriate title apart, it's a marvellous film and one I shall never forget.