Things that piss you off Page 1,777

My poor hands are getting sore and raw from washing the sodding things 85 times a day

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th March 2020, 5:49 PM

My poor hands are getting sore and raw from washing the sodding things 85 times a day

Are you actually washing your hands?

Or are they washing each other?

Tell me about it! I use so much sanitizer at work my hands are starting to look like Yoda's face.

I've just had an email, part of a mass mailing allegedly from the government, telling me about the dangers of tinned pork.

I put it in the spam folder.

I got an unwanted Monty Python sketch in my inbox. Must be spam.

My knuckles were beginning to crack open after all of the hand washing - especially when using sanitizing wipes that aren't intended for skin. I don't know if it's sold in the U.K., but this stuff has worked wonders:

https://www.goldbondultimate.com/product/healing-with-aloe/

Is that from pissing on them or pissing off them?

Yes, ditto.

I have to have Simple Soap and Simple Gel otherwise I get excema, especially when under stress, as we all are now. The only things I know which alleviate it are topical steroids used sparingly. I figured that Simple wasn't good enough to tackle Covid-19 so I took to the only scented soap I can handle which is Imperial Leather. Then I have to use that sparingly too - ordinarily about once a week maximum. But of course this time I have washed my hands with tons of the stuff and my right hand especially is red raw. Furthermore, it is too risky to go to the GPs to ask for the usual cream.

So on the weekend I bought a six feet Turner Max punch bag and stand with gloves and full boxing kit. I felt that it might help if I got some circulation into my hands and it would relieve stress. The first unexpected issue was that it is having to stand in a very narrow hallway as I have no other room for it. I can barely get around it into my bedroom. The second was that I stuck the water in the stand through the wrong hole and it all leaked out on to the carpet. That has now been rectified but, third, I was kind of anticipating that I would be able to spend about eight of my free hours each day thumping it. Now I've watched the videos from experts, they recommend five minutes every other day. It hardly seems worth it.

Incidentally, if you nevertheless think that it is a good idea and consider doing it, think again. I bought the last one in stock as loads of people have had the same sort of thoughts. The entire globe is swinging its arms maniacally to get back to smooth skin. Either that or it is running businesses from the lotus position as office chairs are also sold out.

Lately the tv ads are full of more and more stupid lotteries

Cat lottery, bear lottery, poppy lottery, post code lottery

It's bloody ridiculous!

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st March 2020, 4:27 PM

Lately the tv ads are full of more and more stupid lotteries

Cat lottery, bear lottery, poppy lottery, post code lottery

It's bloody ridiculous!

It wouldn't be so bad if you knew when these ads were going to appear, then you could avoid them.

Unfortunately, there's absolutely no way of knowing which ads are going to appear on your TV screen.

There are countless ads and any ad might appear at any time - it's a lottery! Laughing out loud

Hermaphrodites. They can f**k themselves.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd April 2020, 9:54 AM

Hermaphrodites. They can f**k themselves.

It must make the isolation restrictions a lot easier to cope with!

Professional footballers - You're a credit to society

Self fellators. No need to blow your own trumpet.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd April 2020, 11:40 AM

Self fellators. No need to blow your own trumpet.

I suppose that's what it is, when you get right down to it.