Three table Night Clubs

Back in the day everyone from the Saint to the Baron to the Champions went to meets in night clubs in Tangiers or Zanzibar that only had three tables.
All these clubs had a fat sweaty manager who was corrupt as f**k and was always in league with the man in a fez and off white suit who leaned against the wall cleaning his nails with a flick knife waiting for the belly dancer to come out from behind the streamers that acted as a door so that he could drug the drinks as they past him on the waiters tray.
Meanwhile McGill the Man in a Suitcase was as cosmopolitan and deep as they come yet settled for fights in night clubs in Burnley?
What strange days the were and what great shows we had, as such my top 5 in this genre is.

1 Man in a Suitcase
2 The Saint (Not Ogilvy)
3 The Baron
4 The Champions (For Alexandra Bastido alone)
5 Danger Man

This has just brought back a bad memory. My father loved 'Man in a Suitcase.'. 1969 he was in hospital dying of cancer and the ward TV was tuned to 'Man in a Suitcase." Last time he saw it.

Sorry about that Brio I had no intention to stir up bad memories only fun ones.

I was always disappointed with Man in a Suitcase.
The theme music is good but the story usually seem to involve McGill getting beaten up.
I wanted to be The Saint,Roger Moore version of course.

It was a good idea not to have millions of tables. One riot and the tables are flying everywhere!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 28th March 2020, 10:28 AM

It was a good idea not to have millions of tables. One riot and the tables are flying everywhere!

Also, of course, in this sort of programme, it's not unusual for the tables to be turned.

On that basis, three tables would be perfectly manageable whereas millions of them would add years to the shooting schedule!

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th March 2020, 11:02 PM

Sorry about that Brio I had no intention to stir up bad memories only fun ones.

I'm not upset or anything. These things happen over the years and they reawaken other good memories too.