Things that piss you off Page 1,776

Yep.

Interesting to read the ageist and sexist crap (crap is a word I have borrowed directly from Jo Swinson) coming from the 70-something cohort against the 50-something cohort when the 70-somethings were the most privileged generation this country or the planet will ever see. I doubt that the massive guilt which underpins it excuses skipping the application of robust anti discrimination stances by five decades to "the children" so that everyone in the 50-60 years between and who had it much harder is fair game. As for Scotland, I'm also aware that anyone who was born in 1944 daintily avoided the hell of living through war and national service to get on the mortgage ladder with ease and rock out with the Beatles.

They would have had to have been like Enoch Powell to have voted for the SNP before the age of 30 or 35. Consequently the massive step upwards in their youth from childhood hovels would have been provided by UK parties. The Tories from age 7 to age 20, Labour from 20 to 26, Tories 26 to 30 and Labour until '79 by when they were all living the life of riley .

I see this with my millionaire chavvy uncle who is 11 years younger than my Dad and who ripped people off in insurance having left school with limited intelligence at 15 so as to move to a mansion. Everything fell at his feet only as he was from that generation. My parents, 89, sit after a meal at the local cheap pub for up to half an hour where he waits to argue over being short changed by ten pence by a member of staff on the minimum wage and then he gives them a lecture.

For years, I refused invites on the grounds that if I saw him doing it I'd punch him hard, He tried to cross my path last year with the same sort of lord like assumptions and force in regard to my parents' finances, knowing that they are not far from the grave. He thought he could take on someone who worked hard to get to university not on the basis of intellect but his sense of power. It was unbearable and it led to a breakdown in me. He is racist and homophobic and a prig to boot just because he glows in the knowledge that he rose from a council house. Well, everyone did then so what? Big deal.

Mum , Dad and I agreed a strategy. Such was the unacceptable force, we all called out another force. The police. He's never been in touch with me again and he never will do. My world is full of enough monsters already. Hey when it comes to generational warfare a response is necessary when the thought was not initiated. All of it is monstrous for everyone born pre and post 1940s and it has been for decades. Don't lump the 50-somethings with you. We identify with those aged 16 and 96. Houses easy, cars aplenty, flights here and everywhere. All of you born in the 1940s caused the misery.

Incidentally the bloke is petrified about the prospect of Corbyn getting in. He has just so much to lose. We are of such limited means that personally we couldn't give a toss. I can see a lot of pluses in his promises. I aim to vote Tory so as to get Brexit done and not make this country bankrupt for ordinary younger people (the British equivalent of megabucks Thunberg would not be in that category) but if I went down the irresponsible get my own back road I would vote Labour to ruin him and his offspring. And if the Tories really do something massively stupid between now and 12 December, I will.

Next. :)

Christmas songs on the radio. And always the same ones, endlessly repeated. They really do grind you down and leave you longing for the sweet release of death.

The trouble is, we never seem to get new songs, or have I missed that? Maybe we need to get back to the days of Christmas hymns. * Oh, no, we don't*

One of the reasons why I emigrated was that I would never have to hear Slade ever again.Fortunately it worked because they haven't got this far.

John , you do realise you can change channels on the radio these days ?

I hate people that deny the undeniable, like Trump insisting his inauguration was the biggest ever, despite photographic evidence. I was talking to some copper that insists the independent enquiry into Hillsborough was wrong, her argument is based on the fact she's a Police woman and the Police never lie, never ! Also the Lawrence enquire is wrong, again because the Police aren't racist. Oh and she can also tell if someone's guilty by looking at them, apparently "you just know." if that's how she flits, no wonder she's still single. She's probably ironing her "Trump is the truth" T shirt as we speak.

I was on about the music played in shops :)

Yes,some people are scared to accept that the world has a lot of uncertainty.They can't handle the unsureness of things.

I like it when the radio starts playing Christmas music at the end of November and hearing them reminds me of times of Christmas past. The most memorable one has to be Do They Know It's Christmas because of all the hype and TV coverage.

What I don't like about some radio stations is how they seem to repeat the same tracks every day for weeks at a time. I listen to Heart radio 102.4 FM in my kitchen because it usually plays upbeat chart stuff I can boogie on down to while chopping carrots and slicing potatoes but the station also has a lot of tracks from decades ago it plays several times every day that soon gets tiresome.

When you're playing a record and it's only after the singer says the same thing 10 times that you realise that it's stuck.

When I was 9 my favourite subject was story. I said to my neighbour Vanessa I wanted to do stories in installments, like Dr Who, but I'd start next week. When Mrs Tyler gave our books back she said, 'Congratulations to Vanessa for the idea of stories in installments!' I put my hand up and said it was my idea, but Vanessa said, 'No. Michael always copies me but I don't say anything because we must not talk in class,' and Mrs Tyler believed her! In the end Vanessa got two stars and I got a black mark! WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th January 2020, 4:15 PM

When you're playing a record and it's only after the singer says the same thing 10 times that you realise that it's stuck.

Especially if you're Milli Vanilli.

Spam removed.

I don't like man which is sexists. Sexists is when man make negatives commentar on lady and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexists sucks!
For eggsampled. Imagine lady give 7643227-Euro blowjob to minors during midnight mass for war victim and man say she slapper. That man sexists and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexism suck!
Four inample. Imagine lady breaked into blind man house, kick its head in and steal them money for drugs, and man say she not nise peoples. That man sexism and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexist suck!
three examplefull. Imagine lady start third world war, kill all children, spread racial hatred, converts world to anti-Seminitism, steal drugs to sell to minors, destroy kittens, blow up this universe and all others, beat up gay man,make lesbian gay and black illegals, and man say she not good pearson. That man sexists and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexists sucks!!!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th March 2020, 8:29 AM

I don't like man which is sexists. Sexists is when man make negatives commentar on lady and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexists sucks!
For eggsampled. Imagine lady give 7643227-Euro blowjob to minors during midnight mass for war victim and man say she slapper. That man sexists and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexism suck!
Four inample. Imagine lady breaked into blind man house, kick its head in and steal them money for drugs, and man say she not nise peoples. That man sexism and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexist suck!
three examplefull. Imagine lady start third world war, kill all children, spread racial hatred, converts world to anti-Seminitism, steal drugs to sell to minors, destroy kittens, blow up this universe and all others, beat up gay man,make lesbian gay and black illegals, and man say she not good pearson. That man sexists and not respects HER DECISIVE after year of bad. Sexists sucks!!!

:OLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Gill , on The Simpson's

Dick

I always though they based Gil on Jack Lemon's performance as the failing sales rep in Glengarry Glen Ross.