I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,151

I think we are Michael's audience at the moment because he can't go to the pub.:)

My personal favourite: What's green, got 64 legs and gives priests a boner? Little House on the Prairie.
Fab coronavirus quote from my fiancee Melanie: Don't worry because it won't block the release of my new single... Thank f**k for that eh? And there we were thinking this might be serious.

Alex Salmond has been cleared on all charges of sexual assault.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd March 2020, 3:57 PM

Alex Salmond has been cleared on all charges of sexual assault.

Must admit, some of us were puzzled how a man who'd had too much to drink and only 1 pair of hands, could manage to strip himself and another human being, naked while also throwing her on the bed. One of my friends is going to get her husband to try it to see if It's possible.

I see Little Mix are about to release a new record.

It's the sort of thing that makes me doubt the existence of God.

Why would any God take out John Lennon and George Harrison and countless other brilliant musical artists and yet leave Little Mix untouched by the hand of death?

I've nothing against them personally but their continued existence makes me wonder how an allegedly perfect God can have a tin ear.

Julian Assange? Jail him and offer to extradite him to Uncle Sam for daring to help expose American war crimes against civilians. But as for those poor young lads involved the ISIS cell that beheaded innocent people, let's cut them some slack:
UK broke law over IS 'Beatles' by passing information to US: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52034646

A couple of snippets of innocent gossip that reached me today involve a certain well-known British actress with a double-barrelled surname who, I'm told, as a child once wrote her full name on a wall near her house in dog poo - in exchange for a couple of toffees and a ride on somebody's bike.

Later, at secondary school, I'm told she burst into tears in class when she wasn't given the part of Nancy in "Oliver".

Later in life, she entered into a marriage which must have turned all her friends (and enemies) green with envy.

In terms of social status, another actress, Meghan Markle, has probably elevated herself further than any other actress in the world but, financially, Meghan and her husband are a long way behind the lady referred to above, and her husband.

It's not darling Catherine is it? Mwah!.... Mwah.!The last time I was there I noticed a lot of dog poo in Swansea.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th March 2020, 10:14 AM

Why would any God take out John Lennon and George Harrison and countless other brilliant musical artists and yet leave Little Mix untouched by the hand of death?

I've nothing against them personally but their continued existence makes me wonder how an allegedly perfect God can have a tin ear.

The audience of popular music and ways to buy it have changed and it's now young kids buying tracks online. It's why the top 40 is always diluted with generic R&B bores or predictable rap. Not even hardcore gangster rap but rap that is tailored for radio so no swearies. These artists are bad ass but not too bad ass to affect unit sales. Yawn. Give me Compton's Most Wanted any day.

I've nothing against Little Mix and they are nice people but their music is nothing special and I don't remember ever hearing them harmonise or sing A cappella. That takes a lot of practice and can be difficult to learn which is why so many groups don't harmonise in their tracks. They just sing the same notes in unison which is the easy way. Groups like Spice Girls, All Saints and Sugababes used to harmonise the vocal arrangements which showed they put effort in to the writing. Music production has become lazy because the target audience don't care about the music it's the artists they idolise because of all the social media promotion. Little Mix could release a track of them performing Gregorian chant on kazoos and it would still sell. "yeah, we don't have a clue what we were singing about but it sounded alright".

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th March 2020, 10:14 AM

Blimey, what would you like happen to people you have got something against ?

Lennon still had some great music left in him, but by now he'd have morphed into a green extinction protest social justice snowflake warrior, which would have wound up a lot of people.

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th March 2020, 7:54 PM

It's not darling Catherine is it? Mwah!.... Mwah.!The last time I was there I noticed a lot of dog poo in Swansea.

I raise you H B-C.

Oh Yes.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th March 2020, 8:37 PM

I raise you H B-C.

But has she ever "entered into a marriage"?

I can imagine her messing with dog poo.