The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 39

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th March 2020, 6:06 PM

You must have bloody good ears, Chappers.

Nobody else in the world appears to have heard about this.

I wonder if Barry knows? Laughing out loud

No - sorry! I'll have to get in touch with my correspondent.

This has happened before I believe.

Maybe Chappers is psychic. If, perchance, Barry does die one day, Chappers will be able to say "I knew that that was going to happen".

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th March 2020, 9:06 PM

Maybe Chappers is psychic. If, perchance, Barry does die one day, Chappers will be able to say "I knew that that was going to happen".

No. He'll never die.

Honor Blackman, aged 94.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th April 2020, 5:24 PM

Honor Blackman, aged 94.

I remember her well as Cathy Gale in "The Avengers".

On that very programme, didn't she have a screen fight with TV wrestler Jackie Pallo and accidentally knock him out?

If I remember correctly, Jackie was playing some character in a graveyard and Cathy Gale knocked him into an open grave. That was all scripted but his state of unconsciousness when he landed at the bottom was accidental.

What a girl! Laughing out loud

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th April 2020, 5:24 PM

Honor Blackman, aged 94.

Who's the least racist actress?
(I'm really sorry, ok?)

Eddie Large.

RIP Honor Blackman and
Peter Walker (cricketer)
I admired both of them at the same time but for different reasons.

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th April 2020, 8:31 PM

RIP Honor Blackman and
Peter Walker (cricketer)
I admired both of them at the same time but for different reasons.

I don't think we want to go into that.

Quite.
Another sportsperson I knew of.
Ray Hiron of Portsmouth. RIP.I remember him being very tall.And always scored against us,of course.

"Nipper" Read.

"The man who nicked the Krays"

Sir Peter Viggers, the man we all bought a floating duck island for, has died. :(

And so has the Branch Chairperson of the Gipsy Hill Labour Party, Ted Red Knight. Huh?

Stirling Moss, age 90. Winner of 16 Grands Prix 1956 - 1961.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th April 2020, 11:11 AM

Stirling Moss, age 90. Winner of 16 Grands Prix 1956 - 1961.

The man was a legend in his own lifetime.

In recent years, if a racing driver crashes on the track, he's been highly likely to emerge from the wreckage in one piece.

In Stirling's day, if a racing driver crashed on the track, it was highly likely he'd be burned to death.

On a lighter note, however, there's a story (and I hope to God it's true) that during his heyday he was once stopped by the police for speeding. The copper walked up to the driver's window and, without looking too closely at the car's occupant, asked, "And who do you think you are - Stirling Moss?"

He'll be remembered and admired forever in motor racing circles and I have absolutely no doubt that as he approached the pearly gates, St Peter was standing there waving a chequered flag.

That's the sort of respect this man deserves.

RIP Stirling.

Tim Brooke-Taylor has died at the age of 79, after contracting coronavirus.

Now would be an appropriate time for the BBC to put this episode up on YouTube: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_(The_Goodies)

And also this Goodies episode, where they're all awaiting imminent death: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthanasia