Feel Good

Not sure of this belongs here or Other Comedy so feel free to move it. I absolutely loved this. I've been a fan of Mae Martin for a long time and this only served to make me love her work even more. Complex characters that I cared about by the end and funny moments all the way through, I can't wait to binge the rest tomorrow.

It's always nice to see Sophie Thompson. I'm looking forward to the rest too.

Two young attractive lesbians kissing and talking about pussy?

What's not to like?

The snag is that it occupies only about one minute of the show and there are another 39 minutes with no lesbian kissing and no talk of pussy.

I think the balance is wrong.

But that's just me.

Well having binged the lot I can comfortably say that's one of the best series of the year. Mae Martin is such a unique presence, awkward and vulnerable but with a really biting wit and there is so much warmth to her character.

More than 14 months ago on BCG, I highlighted the talents of Mae Martin.

She's a good 'un, and no mistake.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34771/

I loved the episodes I've seen. Looking forward to catching the rest. Really lovely characters, story and setting.

Sitcom my arse. After a hard day at work I'm really looking forward to coming home and winding down with a beer and an intense dramcom about a f**ked up drug addict with insecurities, oh how it brightens my whole week! How much longer are we going to indulge attention seeking stand ups who can't even bother to understand or research what a sitcom is and its hugely successful historical role in Light Entertainment. F. F. S. !

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th March 2020, 2:24 AM

Sitcom my arse.

It's a fair point: it can often be difficult to put an indisputably accurate label on a TV production.

I can imagine people loving "Feel Good", I can imagine people hating it and I can imagine people being completely indifferent towards it.

For me, it's not the funniest thing I've seen on TV and it's certainly not the best thing I've seen. It is however, for me, indisputably beautiful.

There are lots of other comedy programs I'd rather watch but nevertheless I can't deny that, from an artistic perspective, "Feel Good" stands out like a shining jewel in what is often a rather cheap and nasty televisual environment.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th March 2020, 12:44 PM

It's a fair point: it can often be difficult to put an indisputably accurate label on a TV production.

I can imagine people loving "Feel Good", I can imagine people hating it and I can imagine people being completely indifferent towards it.

For me, it's not the funniest thing I've seen on TV and it's certainly not the best thing I've seen. It is however, for me, indisputably beautiful.

There are lots of other comedy programs I'd rather watch but nevertheless I can't deny that, from an artistic perspective, "Feel Good" stands out like a shining jewel in what is often a rather cheap and nasty televisual environment.

I agree. I think because the term 'sitcom' is so broad that it can include Mrs Browns Boys and Fleabag with everything inbetween. Feel Good made me care about the characters, their story, I wanted to know what happened next bit, crucially, it was full of funny dialogue and it made me laugh a lot.

It's very sweet, and much more of a comedy than a drama.

I watched the complete boxset on All4 last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but the performances from both Mae Martin and Charlotte Ritchie are brilliant. Some lovely scenes throughout and always great to see Sophie Thompson in something, another tremendous actress.

Hopefully we'll see a second series in the future.

Just catching up on this.
Really lovely - strong cast, too.