Coronavirus Page 9

Quote: DaButt @ 18th March 2020, 4:35 PM

But they're involved in more than 40,000 crimes per year and you could stop it if you'd just doooo something and outlaw them. Etc. Etc.

Statistically, I think knife crime is actually higher in the states than the UK. We are a much safer country than yours.

So the anti vaxer Trumpanzees are arming themselves to the teeth while they await a vaccine , you couldn't make it up and this is a writers site.

It takes a lot to make Trump look dumber than he does already - but this virus is having a damn good shot at it.

I couldn't agree more and his insistence on calling it a 'Chinese Virus' is a dangerous attempt to deflect his inadequacies by inciting even further hate as he has no positives to offer.
The only good thing to come out of this so far is that it has curtailed his Nuremberg style rallies.

Trump is over 70 and not heeding government advise, its just a matter of time.

I like his press conferences about the importance of social distancing, when he has about ten people crowded within a few feet of him.

In the very near future, a great many children will be watching films and TV dramas and asking their parents why some of the people look so strange.

The parents will explain that those people are old.

The children will then ask what "old" means.

On the plus side, Rood Eye, I have a feeling this is now your most successful thread. Swings and roundabouts etc.

Quote: chipolata @ 19th March 2020, 11:49 AM

I have a feeling this is now your most successful thread.

And as we write these words, my grandfather is looking down from heaven at this thread as it approaches 10 pages long and exclaiming, "Finally, he learns how to read the room!" Laughing out loud

lets not go nuts Roody I'm a panic poster I'll post on anything

Took my laundry down to the launderette for my fortnightly service wash. A week early. In case either I can't get out or the launderette has to close. I must be the only person to have panic-laundered

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th March 2020, 1:45 PM

I must be the only person to have panic-laundered

Would it be fair to say you were in a spin?

Ever since it became likely that John F. Kennedy was completely ignored by Lee Harvey Oswald as he drove through Dallas in 1963, the idea of a huge governmental conspiracy theory has seemed very much more credible than it ever did before.

Accordingly, it is not out of the question that some sinister organisation intent on world domination has released this strain of coronavirus or is manipulating the statistics in order to gain the public's consent for the introduction of measures of control that would have been laughably Draconian if suggested under normal circumstances.

I'm not saying that's happening but, equally, I'm not saying it's not.

Come on Rood really conspiracy theories are for people with no personality and I know you have one.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 19th March 2020, 9:53 PM

Come on Rood really conspiracy theories are for people with no personality and I know you have one.

Everybody on BCG knows I have a personality.

Unfortunately, opinion is somewhat divided on the subject of exactly what sort of personality it is. Laughing out loud