Still Game Page 18

Just BBC1 Scotland isn't it?

Thank you getiPlayer ;)

Just BBC1 Scotland isn't it?

Thank you getiPlayer ;)

Something strange happening, I can see my post listed but not in the thread. So apologies if I'm doubling up

Thank God this followed the weak Not Going Out and restored my faith in the British sitcom - LOVED IT!

Great stuff, well defined characters, sharp dialogue, funny situations, and not a duff moment in sight. Qualityyyyyy!

Another fab episode. A fantastic ensemble cast and great writing.

Some nicely recycled material from the original live play turning up in that caravan episode.

Yup they intended that last episode as an homage to the original stageplay
Read somewhere online in an interview with them that they wanted to branch out a bit and make episodes with a different twist here ans there.
They feel people are invested enough to take a few chances.

F**ks sake, it's only just come back! https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/3178/still_game_to_end/

Quote: Nil Putters @ 14th July 2018, 4:20 PM

F**ks sake, it's only just come back! https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/3178/still_game_to_end/

My thoughts, precisely. Very disappointed to read that.

"Still Game" has much in common with "Only Fools and Horses" and "Fawlty Towers" in that, at their best, they were among the finest sitcoms ever produced in the history of the world. "Fawlty Towers", of course, never went past its best: the writers got out while the going was good. "Only Fools and Horses", however, was allowed to limp on - well past its 'best before' date - before being put out of its misery. Similarly, the writers of "Still Game" persisted in returning to the comedy well for some time after the bucket began coming up only three-quarters full. I'm hoping the final series will be a return to its former glory. Fingers crossed!

I've watched them all quite a few times they are hilarious,who's everyone's favourite character

Winston because he's the eternal underdog
Boabby a close second and Methadone Mick after that.

Quote: WinstonsLeg @ 18th March 2020, 2:21 PM

I've watched them all quite a few times they are hilarious,who's everyone's favourite character

Tam Mullen
25 Ratlock Road
Craiglang

If the doorbell doesn't work, just give the door a chap.

Definitely winston for me he's a legend