The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 38

Quote: john tregorran @ 2nd March 2020, 12:27 AM

RIP Andre.
I didn't know she was George's sister.
Hancock having a girlfriend was never right,was it?:)

Indeed. Anyone else think she has the look of the young Mick Jagger?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd March 2020, 11:54 AM

Anyone else think she has the look of the young Mick Jagger?

The late 1960s were legendarily packed with "beautiful people": the 1950s much less so, of course.

Andrée was a stunner by the standards of the day.

She was certainly well out of Hancock's league! Laughing out loud

Max von Sydow, Ming in Flash Gordon. He tried to get 'Thank you' out of French. Merciless.

Roy Hudd has died at the age of 83.

By all conventional standards, Roy had a very successful career but nevertheless I always thought his talent underestimated. For me, he simply radiated comedy talent which I thought was rarely given full rein on TV.

RIP Roy.

Yes, a very funny man.

He was a great talent and his knowledge of music hall was great he was always interesting to listen to or watch

Pleased to say I managed to see him twice in pantomime in recent years at Wilton's music hall. I saw him in a farce in Newcastle many years ago too. Was planning to see him with his wife, Debbie, in a chat with the audience in Horsham next month but alas... He was also always a star attraction in the British Music Hall Society's annual Day by the Sea at the Eastbourne Hippodrome.

Will be sorely missed.

RIP Roy.
I think you can truly call him a legend.

Suzy Delair from Laurel and Hardy's best ever movie.

Nice man, always the 'go to' interview for anything 'olde time'. Always knowledgeable and infectiously enthusiastic.

I was just thinking blimey, Barry Cryer's address book must be thinning out....

Country music legend Kenny Rogers has died at the age of 81.

I always remember when I first heard "Islands in the Stream", I thought he was singing about Ireland's industry.

RIP Kenny.

RIP Julie Felix at the age of 81. So much a great folk singer but probably best known for "Daddy's taking us to the zoo tomorrow."

I hear now that Barry Cryer has passed away. RIP.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2020, 5:23 PM

I hear now that Barry Cryer has passed away. RIP.

You must have bloody good ears, Chappers.

Nobody else in the world appears to have heard about this.

I wonder if Barry knows? Laughing out loud

I hope he's wrong.

David Collings has died though .RIP
I remember him from a live production of Crime and Punishment on the TV back in the 60's which made a big impression on me.