Festivals and Shows Cancelled Due To The Virus

I thought it might be a good idea to inform people of festivals and shows that have been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Well the Melbourne Comedy Festival was cancelled, as was Steve Martin and Martin Short's London gigs. A lot of smaller gigs have been cancelled over the next few days. All I know is that I was chatting to some of the cast of Austentatious in the West End and they've been advised by the promoter that they're staying open, though it could change very soon, especially given the rumours of all large gatherings (over 500 people I think) being cancelled from next week

Not much chance of 83 year old Roy Hudd and his wife, Debbie, being allowed out for their chat with the audience at the Capitol Theatre, Horsham on Sunday 19 April I fear.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th March 2020, 8:30 PM

Not much chance of 83 year old Roy Hudd and his wife, Debbie, being allowed out for their chat with the audience at the Capitol Theatre, Horsham on Sunday 19 April I fear.

Definitely not now.
I'm sad to say his death has just been announced.

That's one way of beating the virus.

:( R.I.P.

Had a message on my answer machine from the theatre at 10.38 this morning to that effect. They were quick off the mark.

Well. Boris has completely and utterly f**ked over the arts sector. Advising us to stay away from theatres but not enforcing it, which would have meant insurance payouts to cover the losses, the onus of which now falls entirely onto the theatres themselves. The entire West End is now dark.

You probably should be blaming the Insurance Industry who have the Govt. in a corner. Same thing with travel and sporting events. And like these firms they haven't paid out for cancellations AFAIK, they've let the customers take the loss! And are you sure you mean the Arts or the Entertainment Industry? I know theatres love to use the former label but seems just a cheap marketing trick to me, and many others.

Most of the big companies should be able to ride out the dip in revenue, they've been raking it in for years with heavy ticket prices so there's no reason to go bust or make thousands redundant. Unless ofcourse the fat cat owners and majority shareholders don't want to lose their fourth annual holiday or that new supercar they've promised themselves.

The Museum of Comedy website states shows will be re-arranged and tickets will remain valid for the re-arranged date.

The Park Theatre, Finsbury Park (a small charity), would appreciate it if customers do not request a refund or a credit note but will offer one year's membership of their friends scheme, which enables priority booking.

Fairfield Halls, Croydon seems to be soldiering on (tickets for tonight's performance still available). John Cleese's Bang Bang is scheduled there from Wednesday 8 April.

Ambassadors Theatre Group (ATG) state all shows temporarily suspended with immediate effect and hope to provide an update within 48 hours re exchange of tickets.

Theatre Royal, Windsor has cancelled this week's show and will be in touch with all bookers to provide further info asap.

Theatre Royal, Winchester has cancelled all shows for the foreseeable future and will be contacting affected ticket holders as soon as they can.

Eastbourne Theatres are reviewing their advice this morning and will update later today with any decisions that are made regarding upcoming productions.

Capitol Theatre, Horsham, closed for foreseeable future. Automatic refunds to ticket holders for all productions up to 30 April (at the moment).

I think this entire thread might be summarised by saying that planet Earth is "closed for repairs".

Snooker tour championship has been cancelled and the world championship due to start on 18th April is in doubt.

... and all horse racing in UK cancelled from tomorrow until the end of April.

Euros postponed for a year.

Glastonbury has now been cancelled.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th March 2020, 12:15 PM

I think this entire thread might be summarised by saying that planet Earth is "closed for repairs".

Is that going to work as a survival strategy though? How long is this "state of repair"? It's different if you actually have the virus.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th March 2020, 10:55 AM

Fairfield Halls, Croydon seems to be soldiering on (tickets for tonight's performance still available). John Cleese's Bang Bang is scheduled there from Wednesday 8 April.

Now had an e-mail that Bang Bang has been cancelled at Fairfield Halls, Refunds to be made.