Newsjack 2020 Page 15

Great week for BCG, well done everyone with emails! Nothing for me, emphatically maintaining my 100% record this series..

Well done to all who got a taste of glory this week!

Another blank for me, I'm having a mare this series.

Nothing for me either - got to admit I just went back to my emails to see if there was anything around 4pm but of course there wasn't...

Well done to everyone who got on.

I am suprised that they still think the *Blank*y Mc*Blank*Face joke still has legs. I worry when I refrence an event which happend two weeks ago.

Just back from a day at the races before everything ( possibly ) shuts down, so belated well done to Dantrobus for the in and to everyone else for the nearlys

Thanks all!

Mine was a breaking news:
There are reports of people using condoms for protection when pressing the buttons in lifts. Alf, 71, said it was a sensible precaution but he was finding it difficult to get an erection every time he left the flat.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 13th March 2020, 7:48 AM

Thanks all!

Mine was a breaking news:
There are reports of people using condoms for protection when pressing the buttons in lifts. Alf, 71, said it was a sensible precaution but he was finding it difficult to get an erection every time he left the flat.

Yes, that one made me laugh out loud. They trimmed it down a little for the show didn't they?

Thank you! It wasn't changed much, although they did change the age - I had Alf as 83 originally.

Slightly off-topic, but I also submitted a one-liner which referenced the Black Lace song, Do The Conga, so it was a weird coincidence to hear a sketch on the episode which also heavily referenced a different Black Lace song, Agadoo. I wonder just how many 80s novelty pop references the editors are sifting through each week?

Annoyingly I've missed the recent episodes/series. I blame BBC sounds. Despite listening almost exclusively to Radio 4 comedy it keeps pushing Radio 1Xtra mega mixs and the like. Hopefully the earlier episodes are still available.

Liked the Alf joke Dantrobus (not sure why they'd bother changing the age, seems like fiddling for the sake of fiddling!).

Wouldn't have written an EastEnders sketch if I'd known it was being recorded in Manchester, no chance of that getting on ahead of a Corrie sketch.

Very surprised to hear the "dating robot" sketch, wasn't that just a copy of the viral BBC Wales sketch about online shopping (15m views in its first 2 weeks):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/wales-smash-hit-clip-age-of-outrage

Do you think they are going to record the last episode without a studio audience?

Quote: Dantrobus @ 13th March 2020, 7:48 AM

That's very good! Laughing out loud

Nice work Dantrobus!

How did people get on writing non-corona related sketches?

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 16th March 2020, 11:46 AM

Nice work Dantrobus!

How did people get on writing non-corona related sketches?

I only managed one non corona sketch. The other sketch I sent was a rewrite of one I sent last week but adapted to take in new events.

I hope that doesnt count against it

Must admit I went pretty much full-on corona with this week's submission. Topical comedy has to reflect the news, right??

Anyway, good luck with the last episode everyone.