The general pop/rock - music thread Page 206

And now the making of No Secrets by Carly Simon. She really was an extremely beautiful and sexy woman at the time. Interesting talk about the intro to You're So Vain.

I always preferred The Right Thing To Do. A fantastic swooping song.

Smyslovye Gallyutsinatsii "Mind Hallucinations"? band
"Why should you tread on love (there is almost nothing left)"
song in better quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbkBa-MtbWs

What's the difference between The Best of the 70s and a tampax? A tampax might have wings on It.

Band on the Run came out in the 70's.There's tracks on that which would qualify,no doubt about it.I appreciate your "joke" wouldn't work if you had ventured into the world of reality though.

You're just jealous because I know so many jokes and Interesting Facts About The Spice Girls.
I have a soft spot for Wings, especially Band on the Run, but I understand the hatred too. This Paul review knocked me out cos this album's been savaged - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/paul-mccartneys-classic-solo-debut-mccartney-301010178.html - sales talk, I guess. It wasn't even an album, just trying out some new equipment. Junk and Teddy Boy are 'proper' songs - they were mooted for the Beatles - but otherwise, just Maybe I'm Amazed.

Most pop writers would kill to have his body of work,I think.He's only human he can't do it every time.And a nice bloke too,who else would have let Linda near anything musical.

Was surprised to hear about a new Boomtown Rats album. :O

Quote: john tregorran @ 8th March 2020, 7:06 PM

who else would have let Linda near anything musical.

Ouch.

I've finally worked out why Melanie C hasn't proposed to me yet. It wouldn't be as romantic from a metre away.

Wilco and Sleater-Kinney have announced a U.S. tour. I have my eye on the Red Rocks date. It's such a beautiful outdoor venue.

https://wilcoworld.net/

Yes.
Wilco and Sleater -Kinney,that's quite a bill.I would like to be there.

I recently got tickets for Russ Ballard's tour. He has subsequently cancelled his overseas dates because of the C word. Fingers crossed he'll still do his UK dates.

My mother weaned me off my Melanie C obsession with sweets. So move over cos I want candy to spice up my life this time, like the first day of my life as this version of me and who I am, if that were me when you're gone. It's what I want, what I really really want too much right now, thank you very much. The moment you believe, you'll get yours too, understand and reason in stages. I turn to you, next best superstar, like a Northern star goin' down on the horizon. So go! Follow me and things will never be the same again anymore. Carolyne (mama, my friend, rock me).
Goodbye my friend.

Latest LP additions.

Snow Goose - Camel
Paraphernalia - Barbara Thompson
Clues - Robert Palmer
Double Fun - Robert Palmer
September song (12" single) - Ian McCulloch

Quote: Chappers @ 11th March 2020, 5:20 PM

Latest LP additions.

Snow Goose - Camel
Paraphernalia - Barbara Thompson
Clues - Robert Palmer
Double Fun - Robert Palmer
September song (12" single) - Ian McCulloch

I have Snow Goose and Double Fun. The Palmer one is really fun...if not double fun.