Inside No. 9 - Series 5 & Accompanying Podcast Page 2

Mr Jelly!!!

Sorry Jolly....

The twist went over my head, but the third episode was very good.

At points it felt like certain things weren't given the time to bed in but on the whole it was great. Affecting themes and brilliant performances as well as an impressive change stylistically from most of the other episodes.

What a wonderful conclusion to an all 'round stellar series! Last night's 'The Stakeout' genuinely contained an unexpected turn of events; though one which laid enough subtle clues throughout, which on re-watch made the twist seem quite obvious. Such a satisfying and wonderfully performed episode though. Sheersmith & Pemberton, simply acting off each other in the front seats of a police car, for the full half hour.

Another nod of high praise goes to Christian Henson, the composer for all of No.9's episode scores. This score was sublime though. The atmosphere it added to the darkness of the narrative, seriously complimented the overall tone. I'd love to find it on its own and listen to it separate.

SO glad the lads have been commissioned for another two series. Certainly deserved!

Glorious. Perfect television. How they can come up with such distinct stories and characters (with thankfully another twelve to come) I do not know. The magic one was my favourite of this series closely followed by the Alan Bennett esque monologues last week.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. The podcast added another dimension as well, if you haven't listened to them - go and listen to them on BBC Sounds which incidentally is the worst App in the world. You have to search for "inside inside" as I& you search for just "inside" it doesn't come up.