What are you reading? Page 10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dadland-Journey-into-Uncharted-Territory/dp/178470315X/ref=asc_df_178470315X/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310815845917&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10745734180045065612&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20340&hvtargid=pla-492833856664&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Salinger, 'Seymour. An Introduction'. I can't work out whether it's an enchanting, impeccably written, intensely researched gem, or the biggest pile of shit that ever got past the publishers.

Just finished 'Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine'. Fascinating and I didn't foresee the ending.

Just started Andrew Sinclair's 'Beau Bumbo', having read 'The Breaking Of Bumbo'.

Finally tracked down Salinger's Hapworth. F**k.

Adolf Hitler - my part in his downfall by Mr Milligan. A brilliant description of a smokers early morning cough taking almost 2 pages.

John Lydon, Anger is an Energy... Loving It. Far more interesting and informative than No Irish..., which was too sprawling with its endless other voices and lack of chronology.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th March 2020, 9:44 AM

John Lydon, Anger is an Energy... Loving It. Far more interesting and informative than No Irish..., which was too sprawling with its endless other voices and lack of chronology.

Yes - I "picked that up" recently too. Haven't got around to reading it yet though.

There was that and the latest Spice girls bio. I had to toss.

If you need a laugh (and who doesn't?) To distract you from Corona, I recommend
'Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas.' A laugh a sentence. Haven't read his first book, 'This is Going to Hurt' but I'll bet It's funny, too. Adam Kay.

What, is there some kind of virus going round? F**k. Why don't they publicise these things?

Am now reading 'This is Going to Hurt' (see above) and It's every bit as good as the other one. The Tory arsehole cabinet should be forced to read these to see what their party has done to the NHS.,

I'm sure they know but don't give a f**k.
What's the difference between coronavirus and Mrs Thatcher? Coronavirus couldn't close ALL the hospitals.

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd April 2020, 11:47 PM

Am now reading 'This is Going to Hurt' (see above) and It's every bit as good as the other one. The Tory arsehole cabinet should be forced to read these to see what their party has done to the NHS.,

Finished this last night. While there were plenty of laughs the ending was absolutely heart-rending. The NHS has lost a brilliant and compassionate doctor. The hours they work and the lack of ressources and support for staff is appalling and this book was written many years ago, long before the present crisis.

Rommel? Gunner who? by Spike Milligan. The second of his war memoirs.