Newsjack 2020 Page 14

Been out of the loop, but hope people are doing well with submissions. Sent our second sketch this series off this morning. Good luck everyone.

I had some more spare time this weekend but could only come up with one joke/groan - but then rushed out another 5 this morning, I think I'm better under pressure!

Just about managed to submit a full quota, but the quality of them does not feel like I have really hit the ground running as much as I felt I had last series - which was no hits at all, but lots of great peer feedback, and I just felt they were funnier.

Again, neighbour playing terrible music. I'm going to have to write them earlier, but I don't want to be working on anything that won't feel topical by the time the show comes around.

Anyway, we work on.

Avanti!

I have been out of the loop on this site for a while. What feels like a generation ago, I got a Oneliner broadcast, then another on the show but edited out. I have sent in loads of oneliners since but no joy, which makes me wonder if it was just lucky on the first two. I applied for the HIGNFY call out but as I am white, male, straight and middle aged, it may be they have enough writers with that background and are looking for other perspectives. Sorry to be a moaner, but wonder if anyone progressed on the HIGNFY call out. Just sent in a oneliner about Virgin Airlines. I'm sure it will fly!

A full set submitted, a couple I quite liked, a couple of iffy ones, a couple somewhere in between.

Good luck everybody!

I just got the "nearly" e-mail

Hey TheKingLobotomy - I also got a nearly. Gosh, they're early this week!

Nearly here too.

Well done all. I got a yes email, really pleased!

Woot! Go Dantrobus!!!

I'm having a wee celebrate, breaking into my chocolate stockpile.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 12th March 2020, 4:14 PM

well done.

I wish they told you what they used.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 12th March 2020, 4:14 PM

Awesome. Congrats!

Well done all. I rushed a few in. Got a nearly.

Well...a good few nearlys and a good. We are on the up.

Wow the BCG crew is really doing well this week. Many congrats. Unfortunately nothing for me

Blimey, well done everyone!

Nothing for me. Must say I find the early emails quite anti-climactic Laughing out loud