Repulsive Politician of the Year Award Page 3

In the Labour Party Leadership interview Wrong Daily has in effect said that the electorate were too thick to understand what the Labour Party wanted to achieve.

That was one of the most remarkable interviews I've seen in a long time. Bonkers.

I can't decide if she was f**ked by Andrew Neil, or if she f**ked herself.

Rebecca's most amusing contribution occurred when she misspoke and asked, "What is the Labour Farty for?"

Quote: Chappers @ 4th March 2020, 7:44 PM

In the Labour Party Leadership interview Wrong Daily has in effect said that the electorate were too thick to understand what the Labour Party wanted to achieve.

To be fair, the British electorate are pretty thick.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th March 2020, 3:03 PM

Yes one never quite knew where one stood with him. Was he pro-Brexit or not? Not like Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Amber Rudd, Theresa May and others, who all made their Brexit stance perfectly clear from day one.

Having a clear, unambiguous position is often an overrated quality, I think! e.g. Sure, Darth Vader was evil. But at least you knew where you stood with him...
Farage's primary cause was not leaving the EU, of course. The great cause of his life has always been Nigel Farage.

Rebecca Long-Bailey is a relatively young woman.

Going back only a few short decades, a great many men in Britain believed that women, in general, knew very little and that young women, in particular, knew absolutely nothing.

Nowadays, of course, the more enlightened among us realise that women, in general, know a great deal and that young women in particular know absolutely everything (particularly when it comes to comedy).

The problem for Rebecca Long-Bailey might be that the Labour Party is, to this day, not quite as modern as many of its members would have us believe.

Accordingly, the old guard are unlikely to be happy with a relatively young woman leading the party: they're going to want a man or, failing that, a woman who bears a striking resemblance both physically and in personality to the likes of Ena Sharples or Ada Larkins.

So, it seems we might soon be saying "So long, Long-Bailey: it's been good to know you."

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th March 2020, 12:04 PM

Farage's primary cause was not leaving the EU, of course. The great cause of his life has always been Nigel Farage.

If that was the case you'd think he would have been more determined to succeed as an MP.

He was never an MP.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th March 2020, 7:22 PM

Going back only a few short decades, a great many men in Britain believed that women, in general, knew very little and that young women, in particular, knew absolutely nothing.

Nowadays, of course, the more enlightened among us realise that women, in general, know a great deal and that young women in particular know absolutely everything (particularly when it comes to comedy).

The problem for Rebecca Long-Bailey might be that the Labour Party is, to this day, not quite as modern as many of its members would have us believe.

Accordingly, the old guard are unlikely to be happy with a relatively young woman leading the party: they're going to want a man or, failing that, a woman who bears a striking resemblance both physically and in personality to the likes of Ena Sharples or Ada Larkins.

So, it seems we might soon be saying "So long, Long-Bailey: it's been good to know you."

Let's hope so. She's a pain in the arse, and, typically, has told lies. .

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th March 2020, 7:22 PM

She's not losing because she's a young woman. She's losing because Keir Stamner is the stronger candidate.
Somebody has to lose.

Telling lies? Not sure what she's actually supposed to have lied about. But telling lies certainly didn't do Boris Johnson any harm. Or Trump!

Not so much an MP as someone giving advice to Scottish MSPs at their Public Audit Committee.

Former Scottish government worker claims a coronavirus pandemic "would be quite useful" in killing off NHS bed blockers in the wake of the first UK death:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8082899/Doctor-says-pandemic-quite-useful-killing-bed-blockers.html

Quote: A Horseradish @ 6th March 2020, 3:49 PM

Not so much an MP as someone giving advice to Scottish MSPs at their Public Audit Committee.

Former Scottish government worker claims a coronavirus pandemic "would be quite useful" in killing off NHS bed blockers in the wake of the first UK death:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8082899/Doctor-says-pandemic-quite-useful-killing-bed-blockers.html

Well, of course, she's quite right. And I speak as a potential bed-blocker myself in the maybe not-too-distant future.

I have long argued that there should be compulsory euthanasia at a certain age. Think of the advantages to funding the state pension (we would be able to lower the pension age) and to the cost of care as well as to the NHS. And to the individual him/herself - they would be able to budget precisely, knowing exactly how long their life savings would have to be eked out (maybe enjoying holidays on which they wouldn't otherwise have dared spend their remaining savings) and they wouldn't have to face a future with no quality of life or dignity. And nobody would be upset when the time came because they will have been planning it for some 80 years. It's win-win!

The only trouble is my idea of the age at which this should all come to pass keeps increasing in direct correlation to my own age for some reason...

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th March 2020, 9:39 PM

He was never an MP.

No. Which proves my point. Why do you always seem to be such a smartarse?

Nice!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th March 2020, 6:06 AM

She's not losing because she's a young woman. She's losing because Keir Stamner is the stronger candidate.

But then the strongest candidate is Lisa Nandy, and she's doing worst of all.