Bojack Horseman

Anyone else watch this Netflix original show?
I just finished the season and really liked it. Watching the first few episodes I thought it was going to be another typical outrageous 'Adult Swim' style cartoon but the show really pays off with much deeper questions about self and pop culture society.
I already had one friend say to me "that shows not funny" and yes the jokes aren't every two seconds like some adult cartoons; overall the strength of the is in the unravelling of the character Bojack.

Anyone else watch it yet?

I watched this a month ago and really enjoyed it. I thought it wasn't my type of thing but as you said it delves into much deeper issues. Jokes are there and funny - Will Arnett does a great job playing Bojack.

It's already been commissioned for a second series. Defiantly one id watch if you haven't seen it (its a Netflix original).

I have seen every episode! I love it. I do like how its plays on celebrity and our obsession with it. I'm ready for season 2!

I've been watching this recently and really enjoying it.

I like how each of the episodes work as a self-contained plot if watched on its own, while also containing references, callbacks and set ups from previous episodes. Reminds me a bit of Arrested Development in that respect (and not just Will Arnett's voice. I think).

Works really well as a Netflix show as a result - will be great to see if they get more shows to air.

Well, what do you know. There is a thread about this show!

Not sure if anyone else on here is still watching, but just finished the latest series and felt like saying, just, wow. From the first few episodes when it was just an amusing, but ever so slightly derivative 'wacky adult cartoon show' about a talking horse living in LA, the swerve into greatness this took about halfway through the first series is still going. Incredible television.

Just got round to watching the final episodes. Still comfortably one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. A streaming service cartoon show about a talking horse has no right to be so moving, so funny, so heartbreaking and so uplifting so consistently all at the same time. I really shouldn't have been laughing so much while watching a show exploring mental illness, depression, loneliness, dementia, morality, the shallowness of celebrity culture, death and the consequences of our actions. And yet it somehow managed to remain first and foremost a comedy throughout.

If you only fleece Netflix out of one 30 day free trial by signing up and immediately cancelling your subscription and only have time to binge watch one series during said 30 day window, make it this one.