Newsjack 2020 Page 9

Managed to get my first sketch of the series completed and sent off last night. Get the feeling that the idea is better than the execution though.
Struggling to find inspiration for one liners; stuck on one and a half news and one gw/bw.

I have 6 quarters.

Struggled over the weekend with sketches - couldn't find much in the news that sparked anything. Found a few quirky stories this evening and wrote some one-liners - quite happy with a couple of them (for now).

Had no time for sketches this week and just banged out the one-liners this morning in a rush... BN ones better than the GWBW efforts! Good luck everyone.

Ugh, I am beset with shame. Only one breaking news, 3 good week bad weeks.
I mean I am super busy, but normally I don't struggle as much as I have lately.

Yeah, so that might actually be a good thing.

I have my doubts...

My BN - one was too old as in Wednesday or Thursday last week but I went with it as could not think of a viable alternative. The other...not sure it makes sense as a joke to anyone but me. The third was a bit weird and eccentric...not very Newsjacky. GWBW - one was topical (two thirds) but the other third referred to something that was a bit last week. The other was topical but a silly one ...not sure it quite worked. Third one got a bit surreal going into Father Ted. The younger NJ team probably are not into Father Ted. The audience maybe but they won't get to hear it.

Good luck all.

I was only able to whip together 3 GWBWs. I'm not holding out much hope but you never know. Good luck everyone.

Glad I wasn't the only one struggling this week! Only managed 2 BNs. Good luck everybody!

3 breaking news and 2 GWBW for me - happy with 3, the others probably making up the numbers

( And if you get your sketch on this Thursday, Dantrobus, it's crayons for me this weekend )

Good luck all

3 Breaking News
3 Good Week / Bad Week - although one was a rehash of one of the Breaking News gags.

All deliciously shit.

Good luck all.

No crayons used in the writing of my oneliners, which may be why they felt like a bit of a slog this week.

Having said that, I did manage to write three Good Week/Bad Weeks that I'm fairly happy with. Just two Breaking Newses though, and a missing third that I finally gave up on at 11.55am.

Good luck to all!

This might be nothing to worry about but I sent my one liners off about 6PM Monday, abd have only got the confirmation e-mail today (Tuesday) about 5pm.

Does that mean there was a delay in the e-mail getting to them, or in them replying, or does it mean nothing at all?

Answers on a postcard

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 25th February 2020, 4:50 PM

This might be nothing to worry about but I sent my one liners off about 6PM Monday, abd have only got the confirmation e-mail today (Tuesday) about 5pm.

Does that mean there was a delay in the e-mail getting to them, or in them replying, or does it mean nothing at all?

Answers on a postcard

Nothing to worry about. It can take a while to get confirmation.

massive struggle street for me too. had a couple of great stories lined up but alas, couldn't crepe on my suzette !!
net result was two shifty oneliners, one of which was waaaaay too thunky and thus an instant dismissal.

wishing you all some lucky onions

@BTF love Craggy Island, my favourite place

Anyone going to the recording?