Newsjack 2020 Page 8

Well done Danno and Thosisd.

Well done everyone who got an email! Nothing for my 'light' submission (although I've never had a credit in the first couple of episodes so I'm sure I could have given it both barrels and had the same result!).

Well done everyone who got an email and seeing as no one seems to have received the good email maybe they haven't sent them yet...? Hope springs eternal...

Nothing on twitter yet to say they've gone out....

There was a "nearly" email in my inbox to welcome me home from the day job.

Submitted a full quota of sketches and one liners this week, so the law of averages was on my side.

Well done everyone who got either email

Well done for the nearly, gjp

Quote: Gjp69 @ 20th February 2020, 8:11 PM

There was a "nearly" email in my inbox to welcome me home from the day job.

Submitted a full quota of sketches and one liners this week, so the law of averages was on my side.

Well done everyone who got either email

Well done

I've drawn a blank. Well done to everyone who got e-mails - you help keep us going

Well done to those who got an email.

Nothing for me. I only sent one sketch so the numbers weren't in my side but I'm still disappointed. I had got my hopes up that it was a good idea.

I've noticed opening up the .rtf on different devices can severely mangle the formatting. I hope they don't automatically bin any mangled scripts without informing us otherwise it's a waste of time.

Nothing doing here either. I had a little moment during the episode when they started the intro for the AI sex robot sketch because I had also done one on that topic. The broadcast one had a much clearer premise than mine. The broadcast one was the premise, 'what if a sex robot showed the guy that he wasn't in fact a feminist ally', whereas now I reflect on it, mine really had two premises, 'what if the AI capabilities of your sex robot are a bit crap' and 'what if we thought of sex robots like games consoles'. So I'd have been better off picking one of those and mining it for more jokes instead of sticking the two bits together.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 21st February 2020, 12:01 PM

Nothing doing here either. I had a little moment during the episode when they started the intro for the AI sex robot sketch because I had also done one on that topic. The broadcast one had a much clearer premise than mine. The broadcast one was the premise, 'what if a sex robot showed the guy that he wasn't in fact a feminist ally', whereas now I reflect on it, mine really had two premises, 'what if the AI capabilities of your sex robot are a bit crap' and 'what if we thought of sex robots like games consoles'. So I'd have been better off picking one of those and mining it for more jokes instead of sticking the two bits together.

I still need to listen. Yes, I think a clear premise is key.

Nowt for me, well done to the "nearly"s and is that the first week nobody here has gotten on?

I'm off to post my rejects, I had high hopes for my sketch too...

Going to have to skip sketches this week. Suddenly very very chocka.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck with the one liners then Wishus!

I managed a couple of sketches. I wrote one on Friday then had a second idea yesterday while out in a cafe with my three year old. No phone or pen to hand so had to jot down some notes with his crayons. Sure that'll be reflected in the maturity of my material.

I really struggled this week. I have managed the full quota. But i don't think it reflects my best work. This will probably be the week I get on now