The Goes Wrong Show Page 2

Last week's episode was the best of the series the table scene had me crying with laughter.

The final episode really only had one gag, but my goodness they squeezed every last drop out of it!

An absolutely hysterical series. I've already pre ordered the DVD, and while I don;t know if there's another series in the premise, I will most certainly be tuning in if there is!

They know and we know that it is a stupid larking, so everything good is good and everything bad is forgivable. "Due to some typo "A Nightwear on Elm Street" became a pajama based production" is a stolen joke and is a good joke.

Couldn't be more pleased this got recommissioned! It's the first sitcom to make me laugh out loud for a long time.

A colleague went to see the stage show and pronounced it the funniest thing he'd ever seen. He was most put out by my views on the TV show. However, I could see how a live, stage version might be more amusing without the ability to 'cheat' for the TV version.

Quote: Sixty3closure @ 14th February 2020, 11:38 PM

A colleague went to see the stage show and pronounced it the funniest thing he'd ever seen. He was most put out by my views on the TV show. However, I could see how a live, stage version might be more amusing without the ability to 'cheat' for the TV version.

I've seen three or four of their stage shows with my parents, who loved them - possibly even more than I did.

But whilst I also love the TV series, it's left both of them baffled and completely unamused.

It's bad stagecraft, is that a baffling concept?

It reminds me of "Noises Off" and other British stage farces. I'm not surprised some prefer it on stage. It's well acted but they're treading well worn "Run for you Wife" ground. I always wondered why you got loads of farces in the West End but none on TV.

Quote: Firkin @ 20th February 2020, 8:23 PM

I always wondered why you got loads of farces in the West End but none on TV.

Yeah, they rarely transfer to the recorded medium well. It's a curious one - I think it's partly down to the atmosphere that the frenzy builds in the auditorium. That just can't be captured on film or video tape.

Quote: Firkin @ 20th February 2020, 8:23 PM

It reminds me of "Noises Off" and other British stage farces. I'm not surprised some prefer it on stage. It's well acted but they're treading well worn "Run for you Wife" ground. I always wondered why you got loads of farces in the West End but none on TV.

Fawlty Towers? Blackadder? Elements of Only Fools?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd February 2020, 10:28 AM

Fawlty Towers? Blackadder? Elements of Only Fools?

Also I'd argue One Foot in the Grave are textbook farces. Tightly written plots where everything set up in the first act pays off in the second.

I always felt the earlier series of Coupling reminded me of farces (or at least what I understand a farce to be).

Lots of setup but also people running back and forth between locations with a suitable amount of misunderstandings.

I loved the Nativity, the donkey and the wise men made me laugh the most.

I was in hysterics at this. Screaming and crying with laughter. Quite brilliant.

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd December 2020, 7:53 PM

I was in hysterics at this. Screaming and crying with laughter. Quite brilliant.

Has the second series been filmed yet?

I'm not entirely sure. I don't think so, but with the way things are working with(out) audiences these days, I'm not certain. We're unaware of any kind of public events having taken place though, virtual or otherwise.