Newsjack 2020 Page 5

Quote: Danno @ 13th February 2020, 6:31 PM

well played you lot...particularly @BTF, that credit was long overdue!!

Thanks Danno. Well done for your 'nearly' email as we call it!

Congrats BTF!!! Well deserved!

Well done everyone else who got emails!

I'm in new dad spectator mode at the moment - it's actually quite nice! Hoping to join the party the back half of the series.

(As for the badger joke, perhaps something about a customer who only went in for a Lynx Errr)

Quote: Auditchris @ 13th February 2020, 6:35 PM

Congrats BTF!!! Well deserved!

Well done everyone else who got emails!

I'm in new dad spectator mode at the moment - it's actually quite nice! Hoping to join the party the back half of the series.

(As for the badger joke, perhaps something about a customer who only went in for a Lynx Errr)

Good badger take. Hope you are managing some sleep.

haha...thanks. i promise i won't let it go to my head....but apparently the laugh it got was so loud it damaged the recording equipment and had to be cut, and a couple of people had to receive oxygen.
could you post directions to the rejects cave please? I'm just thick

dems da breaks.

Quote: Danno @ 13th February 2020, 6:38 PM

haha...thanks. i promise i won't let it go to my head....but apparently the laugh it got was so loud it damaged the recording equipment and had to be cut, and a couple of people had to receive oxygen.
could you post directions to the rejects cave please? I'm just thick

dems da breaks.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35458/

legend.

Big congrats to everyone who got their work into the script, episode one of a series has the most competition. Nothing for me, I'll sit back and enjoy the show

Well done BTF, Dantrobus, Thosisd - particularly getting on the ultra-competitive episode one

and Danno - well done but must try harder

I just had a listen and it's a pretty good episode overall. A few stinkers crept in but that's inevitable.

Congrats again to those who got something on.

I'm going to do a sketch this week.

They do seem to like a Groan worthy pun.

Comedy is like food. If it stinks don't touch it. Unless it's cheese, when the stinker the better.

Well done, Dantrobus, BTF and Thosisd!

Nowt for me.

I shall console myself with getting a short story sale instead. :-)

Quote: Wishus @ 14th February 2020, 9:13 AM

Well done, Dantrobus, BTF and Thosisd!

Nowt for me.

I shall console myself with getting a short story sale instead. :-)

Well done!

Quote: BTF @ 13th February 2020, 5:45 PM

Well done, Dantrobus. For the first time EVER and I mean EVER, I have had an email from Newsjack on a Thursday and it says I have got something on the show

BTF - which one was yours ? And was it changed much ?

( I enjoyed the 'material girl' quip, whoever did that )

My one-liner was probably my least favourite of the stuff I sent. It was edited a bit for the broadcast. My original:

The planned takeover of Harry's Razors by Wilkinson Sword has fallen through. The deal was close... very close, the closest ever.

The broadcast version:

The planned takeover of Harry's Razors by Wilkinson Sword has fallen through. The deal was the closest they've ever seen.