Panellists who annoy you Page 14

Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, Jo Brand, Paul Merton, John Richardson, Robert Webb, Adam Johnson, John Sessions, Sue Perkins, Ian Hislop.

The first three are the worst. Jo Brand is possibly the most dislikable person on TV for me with her faux sexless marriage and her faux self-loathing and her sarky, witless put-downs.

Fry is annoying because he clearly thinks he is a genius and sprinkles every remark he makes with irrelevant observations and terrible accents/impressions.

Alan Davies is just an irritating berk.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd May 2014, 12:00 AM BST

Wasn't it a Labour MP rebranded as same? Who was on a panel? So why is this off-topic?

After Roy Hattersly had failed to appear on the show for the third time in a row, it was decided that rather than find a last-minute replacement for the MP again, his replacement would be a tub of lard.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/hignfy/scenes/

Butter would be the healthy option. Or sunflower oil? No, sounds too effeminate...

And I'm still talking about a panel, Mods.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 4th May 2014, 1:34 AM BST

Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, Jo Brand, Paul Merton, John Richardson, Robert Webb, Adam Johnson, John Sessions, Sue Perkins, Ian Hislop.

The first three are the worst. Jo Brand is possibly the most dislikable person on TV for me with her faux sexless marriage and her faux self-loathing and her sarky, witless put-downs.

Fry is annoying because he clearly thinks he is a genius and sprinkles every remark he makes with irrelevant observations and terrible accents/impressions.

Alan Davies is just an irritating berk.

Stephen Fry always seems to be a clever chap who everyone pretends is a genius.

Jo Brand I hardly see, but I remember being a proper old skool stand-up from the 80s so can't see there's all that much wrong with her.

But panel shows themselves are such a dire, listless format. HIGNFY in the early days was such a storming format, but it's been on the telly far, far too long and over imitated.

Panel shows are like TV comedy incest. They've been f**king themselves for so many years, all that's left are albino, 7 toed, troglodyte shows.

What the hell is wrong with John Sessions??

Ffs

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th May 2014, 8:15 PM

Ffs

I think the problem is that he gets good feedback from his actor friends about his comedy, but he doesn't realise that most British comedy-lovers don't give a flying f*** about actors or the acting profession.

Fry probably loves him because he's someone that Fry can relax around without worrying about being intellectually intimidating (since Sessions is as clever as he is annoying). For this reason Sessions got invited on to QI.

What's the difference between a hysterectomy and John Sessions? A hysterctomy is not a total twat. (And I cleaned that up.) F**k me, that smug, self-obsessed, beyond deluded little f**ker used to irritate the f**k out of me on Whose Line..., taking over with his ego bigger than Lenny Kravitz and his sub-Merkel-on-a-Mittwoch-morgen laugh count, and then those sycophants cat the Beeb gave him his own monologue series, 'Look at me, I know all about history and literature and shit,' like we hadn't suffered enough already with Emma Thompson'szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Yuk.

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 3rd May 2014, 7:38 PM

Jeremy Clarkson when he is on HIGNFY he just get on my nerves

That sentence works without 'when' to ' Y he'.

Lou Sanders keeps popping up lately

My goodness..

She needs a slap

Nish Kumar, Katherine Ryan, Sara Pascoe, Angela Barnes, James Acaster, Josh Widdicombe- all dreadfully unfunny with zero comic timing.
Compare with the fabulous- Ed Gamble, Milton Jones, Romesh Ranganathan, Kerry Godliman, Henning Wehn,and just for his scene stealing on Would I Lie To You- Bob Mortimer.

Sue Perkins is about as funny as a kick in the tits

If she's on QI I generally change channels

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th February 2020, 10:03 PM

Sue Perkins is about as funny as a kick in the tits

If she's on QI I generally change channels

Yes. Desperately unfunny. One of those people whose politics and personality can be instantly discerned just by looking at a photograph of her face.

Please explain to me the appeal of Jo Brand and Sandi Toksvig. They're all over the panel shows and Radio 4. But could you really see people queueing around the block for one of their shows?

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th May 2014, 8:15 PM

Ffs

Do you need to ask?

Quote: paulted @ 13th February 2020, 6:58 PM

Please explain to me the appeal of Jo Brand and Sandi Toksvig. They're all over the panel shows and Radio 4. But could you really see people queueing around the block for one of their shows?

They're both very smug although nobody could reach the smug levels of Steven Fry.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th February 2020, 8:02 PM

Do you need to ask?

They're both very smug although nobody could reach the smug levels of Steven Fry.

Smug? Pleased with themself? I present Victoria Coren Mitchell!

Quote: paulted @ 13th February 2020, 8:18 PM

Smug? Pleased with themself? I present Victoria Coren Mitchell!

Well she is married to David Mitchell. Angelic