Shakespeare and Hathaway Page 3

Quote: Sixty3closure @ 8th February 2020, 11:38 PM

3rd series started this week.

Yes and what a joy it has been, so far. A wonderful light comedy-drama to beat away these dark February evenings.

Oh dear, this latest series is utter drivel: the plots are tissue thin and the denouments so convenient and bolted on!

Fans of gritty hardcore social realism should look elsewhere. This is consistently, enjoyable escapist entertainment with two likeable leads (three, if you include Sebastian). Mostly pleasant and mildly amusing rather than LOL funny.
Odd that there's so much 'second series not as good as the first' type commentary on here. It's actually pretty consistent throughout all three series. If you hate or love one, you should hate or love them all! But, in truth, there's really not much to dislike here.

Has "Private Investigators" been added to the title? I'm sure it used to be just Shakespeare and Hathaway.

Quote: chipolata @ 27th February 2020, 9:40 AM

Has "Private Investigators" been added to the title? I'm sure it used to be just Shakespeare and Hathaway.

No, it was always called that!

Quote: Aaron @ 27th February 2020, 2:29 PM

No, it was always called that!

Drat!

It's a good little show, I'm surprised it hasn't been poached for a later timeslot. There was a time when shows liked this ruled Sunday evenings.

Quote: chipolata @ 27th February 2020, 4:31 PM

It's a good little show, I'm surprised it hasn't been poached for a later timeslot. There was a time when shows liked this ruled Sunday evenings.

I quite agree. It would fit really well there. I'm rather surprised they've not even picked it up for repeats then. I'd think it'd be quite the popular hit.

Quote: Aaron @ 4th March 2020, 4:37 PM

I quite agree. It would fit really well there. I'm rather surprised they've not even picked it up for repeats then. I'd think it'd be quite the popular hit.

I watch it late on Catchup. Of course the OTT Sebastian is always great. Deserves his own show.

I've been watching this for three series and I've only just realised watching the last couple of episodes that the characters all have Shakespearean names. Not S & H but Basanio, Capulets and the Montagues.

Series 4 starts Monday 2.15pm.

Thanks for the "heads up"!

Quote: Chappers @ 11th February 2022, 8:13 PM

Thanks for the "heads up"!

? Chappers! You wash your mouth out!!

Just found a series on Drama that I hadn't seen before. Maybe series 4. Anyway the lovely Josie Lawrence doesn't look a day older than when I last saw her.

Apparently series 3 so I don't know how I missed this.