I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,146

I'm not a Corbyn fan, but by God didn't he rip apart the blonde lying arsehole today?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th February 2020, 1:04 PM

I think "it hardly seems a surprise" seems to be people's general reaction when something happens which they didn't expect, be it Brexit, Trump getting in and so on.

Well to me it was hardly surprising. I'm not sure what you're really getting at.

He didn't seem particularly gay. Surely "gaydar" works by observing how gay a person seems?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 13th February 2020, 8:09 PM

He didn't seem particularly gay. Surely "gaydar" works by observing how gay a person seems?

It depends what you mean by Seems Gay. They don't all camp it up you know.

So do you believe in gaydar?

Don't you agree that Valentine's Day is a pile of shit? You do? You sad, jealous, lonely, beyond envious, sex-starved, sexually frustrated, sexually inadequate, useless, yes-I-WOULD-rather-be-sitting-in-a-cold-damp-corner-drinking-Special-Brew-watching-resperate-Housewives-reruns-steada-being-spoilt-by-someone-I-fancy-and-ffs-they-actually-fancy-me-back useless f**king little f**king f**ker. Do the words 'grapes', 'sour', 'f**king' mean anything toi you? F**k you. Really. No joke coming, neither are you tonight. So f**k you.

Apparently, Billie Eilish (who turns out to be a girl) has scored the first-ever UK number one hit for a female artist singing a James Bond theme: she sings the theme song from the new Bond film, "No Time to Die".

Only Sam Smith has previously topped the UK charts with a Bond theme ("Writing's on the Wall" 2015).

Yes but are the singles charts important anymore? They became a total joke when that Ginger bloke (momentarily forgotten his name - old age!) had about 9 songs downloaded from his album and they put them all in the singles chart.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd February 2020, 9:31 PM

are the singles charts important anymore?

No, but it was in the news so I thought I'd post it here.

It was a very slow news day.

I'm surprised Skyfall didn't go to number one. It's easily the best of the Daniel Craig era Bond themes.

Coronavirus is the deity's way of punishing environmentally destructive freedom of movement.

Horse and cart. Horse and cart. Horse and cart.

It could affect trading with other nations too. So I assume God doesn't want any big Brexit trade deals either.

What's the difference between Coronavirus and Berlusconi? Coronavirus might go away.

I don't give a f**k about Coronavirus.
It's like 80s STD panic all over again. At least that was cool cos you could prove you'd had sex.

Lipsitch predicts that, within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses. "It's likely that many will have mild disease, or may be asymptomatic," he said. As with influenza, which is often life-threatening to people with chronic health conditions and of older age, most cases pass without medical care. (Overall, around 14 percent of people with influenza have no symptoms.)

Lipsitch is far from alone in his belief that this virus will continue to spread widely. The emerging consensus among epidemiologists is that the most likely outcome of this outbreak is a new seasonal disease--a fifth "endemic" coronavirus. With the other four, people are not known to develop long-lasting immunity. If this one follows suit, and if the disease continues to be as severe as it is now, "cold and flu season" could become "cold and flu and COVID-19 season."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/covid-vaccine/607000/