Inside No. 9 - Series 5 & Accompanying Podcast

Good start to the new series. Great performances and another great storyline.

After each show is broadcast there is a Podcast available on BBC Sounds with Steve, Reece other actors involved as well as production staff. It adds another level of enjoyment to get some of the behind scenes insights.

Just watched it on catch up. Oh the homo phobic references.

"You might want to use the back entrance!"

"Exit."

"Sorry - no offence."

And "Up the shitter!"

And of course the series title - "Inside Number 9." The referee of course had probably been "inside number 9."

I hope the rest of the series is better.

Pleasant enough - but it felt at a bit old-fashioned.

I am not into football one iota but I enjoyed it all the same. Childish but I really laughed at the 'City Pants' joke and the plot was nicely structured, I didn't see the ending coming but on the second watch as usual it's seeded throughout. Did anybody spot the hare?

No, I watched it back specifically looking ... and failed.

I've just listened to the podcast about it, and they've said they will explain where it's hidden in the next podcast.

Or you could just check out our Find the Hare feature!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/inside_no_9/special/find_the_inside_no_9_hare/

That would be cheating!!

Cheating any more than being told it on a podcast?! :-P At least we have a picture for proof!

The first episode departed somewhat from established expectations inasmuch that there was no "weirdness" in it.

All the characters were relatively normal people in a relatively normal situation.

Having said that, it was as good a comedy-drama as I've seen in some time.

Episode 2 had some cringeworthy moments but that's great, of course, if you're a Number 9 fan.

It's even better if you're a fan of Psychoville: in fact, it's likely that a great many fans of Psychoville forgot entirely that they were watching an episode of Inside Number 9.

Even the most "normal" of viewers chancing upon this episode by pure accident while flicking through channels would have found the dancing scenes remarkably funny. It also has to be said that this episode has what is possibly the funniest and cleverest line of narration I've ever heard. It was beautifully underplayed and it wouldn't surprise me if quite a few viewers didn't get the joke.

As ever, commendably weird and wonderful entertainment from two of the most talented comedy writers/actors of our generation.

I creased up with laughter several times last night watching this.

"What did your Scout Master tell you?"

"Not to tell anyone."

Quote: Rood Eye @ 11th February 2020, 10:21 PM

The first episode departed somewhat from established expectations inasmuch that there was no "weirdness" in it.

All the characters were relatively normal people in a relatively normal situation.

Having said that, it was as good a comedy-drama as I've seen in some time.

It was very clever though the way Morrissey the referee instigated all the problems without appearing to do so so that his team got promoted in front of the others.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th February 2020, 8:06 PM

"What did your Scout Master tell you?"

"Not to tell anyone."

I did properly laugh out loud at that one.