Newsjack 2020

Hello
Thought I'd start a thread as NJ is back this week. Good luck everyone!
:)

Opponents of the BBC licence fee will, I think, soon catch on to the fact that NewsJack (which is financed by licence payers) is significantly less funny than the BCG "NewsJack rejects" threads - which are available completely free to anybody in the world with an Internet connection. Laughing out loud

Quote: Bonzo @ 10th February 2020, 3:49 PM

Hello
Thought I'd start a thread as NJ is back this week. Good luck everyone!
:)

Thanks Bonzo. Good luck anyone submitting.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 10th February 2020, 6:27 PM

Opponents of the BBC licence fee will, I think, soon catch on to the fact that NewsJack (which is financed by licence payers) is significantly less funny than the BCG "NewsJack rejects" threads - which are available completely free to anybody in the world with an Internet connection. Laughing out loud

True.

I've never submitted anything before but would like to give it a go so what are the basic do's and do not do's and anything in particular that you do do?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th February 2020, 11:17 PM

I've never submitted anything before but would like to give it a go so what are the basic do's and do not do's and anything in particular that you do do?

Do: weak puns and virtue signalling
Don't do: anything clever, cutting or remotely funny

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th February 2020, 11:17 PM

I was about to reply to the above question until I saw . . .

Quote: Joe Oakes @ 11th February 2020, 2:18 AM

at which point I decided it would require considerable effort to come up with a better answer! Laughing out loud

I've missed you guys!

I was beginning to panic you'd disappeared behind a paywall.

Not written anything this week (yet). Life has been hectic!!!

The perfect storm of trying to come up with a good oneliner and wondering if my garden fence will blow down
Good luck for woke one

Just think, right now someone bleary eyed and still hungover from the weekend's excesses is pretending to read your oneliners ;)

Bonne Chance

I didn't get time to submit last series. I was working on a web series. This is my first episode back on the horse

I decided to try two sketches in limited time if it killed me. Sketches on Love Island and Universal Credit. UC one way too predictable but I had to move quickly. Punchline bad on the UC one. It was early hours/I had enough. Love Island one seemed a hilarious, whacky idea when I started putting pen to paper.....enough said. So both 'no chancers' (don't mean to be negative). Six one liners went in. I tried a 'sort of' swear word.

What did you all do sketches on?

Good luck BTF. We sent a sketch about the storm causing a plane to cross the Atlantic in record time.

Quote: Bonzo @ 11th February 2020, 8:53 PM

Good luck BTF. We sent a sketch about the storm causing a plane to cross the Atlantic in record time.

That sounds an interesting idea. Good luck with it to you both.

Quote: Joe Oakes @ 11th February 2020, 2:18 AM

What?

I just managed three Breaking News one-liners, but I think they're not bad. Certainly not my worst attempts. But unfortunately they're not about Brexit or Trump so I still don't fancy my chances.