The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 35

Very sorry to hear this news.

He seemed amazing for his age and destined to live to 100.

JAM won't be the same without him.

RIP Nicholas.
I didn't realize it was still going.I used to listen when Kenneth Williams was in his pomp.
Mr Parsons couldn't control him :)

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th January 2020, 3:04 AM

RIP Nicholas.
I didn't realize it was still going.I used to listen when Kenneth Williams was in his pomp.
Mr Parsons couldn't control him :)

It turns out that Kenneth Williams and Nicholas Parsons had one thing in common which is that neither received a gong.

Which is an outrage.

And I can't resist pointing out that Nicholas started his drama life in an amateur club just outside Glasgow.

Kirk Douglas. 103 years old. My God

Possibly the last of the great golden age Hollywood stars to die. RIP.

Great actor yes. Made others up their game when he was in a film because he always gave it everything. That's why a lot of films with him in are very good.

We were talking about him a few days ago, saying he was the last of his generation of Hollywood greats.

RIP

Kirk Douglas was one of the all-time great Hollywood stars.

He could play super-masculine guys and softer, more sensitive guys.

In a less politically-correct era, John Wayne once asked him why the hell he chose to play f****ts.

Not the sort of question one would ever ask these days but it certainly testifies to Kirk's versatility.

To call him a screen legend would be to understate the case to some degree.

I doubt we'll ever see his like again.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 6th February 2020, 9:37 AM

In a less politically-correct era, John Wayne once asked him why the hell he chose to play f****ts.

Everything with you is a weird game of Six Degrees of PC, in which literally everything is somehow linked to Political Correctness. Not that you're obsessed or anything!

I remember seeing Kirk Douglas in "Spartacus".

There were many spectacular scenes but, for me, none was more memorable than the stunningly beautiful Jean Simmons when she was pushed into Spartacus's cell as some sort of reward for him.

On a more romantic note, the very beautiful Jean Simmons was married to the very suave Stewart Granger.

The very thought of Kirk Douglas brings back so many memories.

Very beautiful, Jean Simmons. The end of Spartacus.....I always shed a year, I'm not going to lie. Love the film. Kirk was a legend.

He was 103 ! Rather than a minutes silence, he should get a round of applause. 103 !

Also, his autobiography is quite a read!

I have to say that I don't think I've ever seen Spartacus. Wasn't he in the first Planet of the Apes film.