I miss the old days of the BCG... Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 29th January 2020, 9:18 AM

...when people on here were genuinely funny and not looking to be offended. People such as Sooty and Charley and others who have left because it's not so much fun as it was.

Some people are just looking to be offended with their smug grins running to teacher to complain if something is not "Woke".

Why can't they get a thicker skin? For instance Briosaid and I are continually slagging each other off but do we go reporting each other? No - we take it on the chin - understand how it's expressed and then hit back in a similar manner.

I'm looking for a Like icon, but that's Facebook.

Remember the days of the BCG.
We used to laugh a lot.
Oh don't you remember the days of the BCG.
When we had imaginings and we had all kinds of things
And we laughed and needed love

I'm up for chuckle but I don't think you're allowed to put sketches up on here and I don't tell jokes as I am crap at writing them but I can imagine entire scenarios with ease, mad that.

Aren't you allowed to put things up for feedback? I have seen some sketches etc people have put up asking for feedback.

No you have to pay.

Quote: BTF @ 29th January 2020, 10:57 PM

Aren't you allowed to put things up for feedback?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th January 2020, 11:47 PM

No you have to pay.

Things appear to have changed.

I've just been to the Critique forum and clicked on "New Thread" and a text box opened up for me.

Try it, Teddy. I can't imagine it'll work for me and not for you.

Critique is only half the issue. Back in the day loads of people who never visit Critique would still contribute to the General Discussion. Nowadays General Discussion is as empty as Lawrence Fox's brain.

Rood I have just posted on there and it seems to have stuck,I never posted anything new just the script that a BBC producer asked for then knocked back after giving me so much confidence that they were going with it.
That was my lowest point as a writer and I came on here because I was so gutted I was nearly crying honest and I got a few pick up comments from fellow writers which really helped. So that there its a long read but hopefully someone will have a butchers.
Chip one begets the other, if more people put things up that they create it changes the general conversations back to more comedic levels rather than gripes plus Brexit has divided the country not just this site.
Baby steps back to comedy is the best route so I shall endeavour to put on sketch a day up in critique for the month of February and if others follows it may lighten the tone ...who knows its worth a punt. This site has helped me and I would like to help back if I can or at least try,

Quote: chipolata @ 30th January 2020, 9:44 AM

Critique is only half the issue. Back in the day loads of people who never visit Critique would still contribute to the General Discussion. Nowadays General Discussion is as empty as Lawrence Fox's brain.

I wouldn't say it was as full as that.

I miss that really funny and sexy mod, Leevil. He was the best.

Quote: Lee @ 5th February 2020, 8:41 AM

:D

Quote: Lee @ 5th February 2020, 8:41 AM

I thought he was a bit of a twat actually.

*Twatually

Quote: Chappers @ 29th January 2020, 9:18 AM

Sooty and Charley .

They were cool!
People are supposed to get more open-minded, but here it's been the opposite. Out of comfort zone, out of site.

Sooty had a strange way of being paid for quoting Monty Python. Slightly cool, slightly infuriating.