BREXIT Page 22

Quote: billwill @ 2nd February 2020, 1:30 PM

Which is more racist:

1 Fill the UK with Caucasian people so that heavy limits have to be put on immigration from Africa, Asia and South-America etc?
2. Let the UK have a consistent world-wide immigration system, the same for all races?

Bill, you need to get your understanding right about the words 'racist' and 'Caucasian'.

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd February 2020, 7:39 PM

Bill, you need to get your understanding right about the words 'racist' and 'Caucasian'.

No I don't.

That is a simple question above, but I realised that you will never give a straight answer, so it wasn't there for you.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd February 2020, 10:09 AM

. It's a complete contrast to Obama who is idolised for his calm and civil presentation but his lack of progress on the economy and industry in particular which ultimately led to Trump winning the presidency is continually ignored.

Not strictly true. The American economy did well under Obama, not least because he inherited a not so great economy from Bush. And arguably Trump's economy has only succeeded because it was built on Obama's strong foundations. And Trump beat Hilary Clinton, not Obama in the election. I suspect if he'd been up against the old Kenyan Muslim, Trump would have lost.

Quote: billwill @ 2nd February 2020, 1:30 PM

Which is more racist:

1 Fill the UK with Caucasian people so that heavy limits have to be put on immigration from Africa, Asia and South-America etc?
2. Let the UK have a consistent world-wide immigration system, the same for all races?

Isn't the problem that for many Brexit voters, ANY immigration is too much. I can't imagine that people who voted Leave being massively happy if trade deals with India or China or South Africa involve more immigrants from those countries coming over.

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd February 2020, 9:41 AM

Isn't the problem that for many Brexit voters, ANY immigration is too much. I can't imagine that people who voted Leave being massively happy if trade deals with India or China or South Africa involve more immigrants from those countries coming over.

As I've said before, one of the few pleasures of this debacle will watching the look on Brexiteer's faces when they realise that 'taking control of our borders' means more brown faces.

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd February 2020, 9:49 AM

As I've said before, one of the few pleasures of this debacle will watching the look on Brexiteer's faces when they realise that 'taking control of our borders' means more brown faces.

Oh, yes. Wait for it. I have an ex-friend (ex because I couldn't stand her racism any longer) who was determined to vote for Brexit to prevent all the folk she objected to, coming into Britain. They were all Africans.

As it stands some of those who voted did so not only to stop immigration, but also in the hope that there will be deportations. Sadly it is to this sector that Johnson & Cummings will have to rely on more and if Brexit goes tits up they will do their bidding as they are running out of excuses and scapegoats already.

Well, already They're blaming the EU. They'll intersperse that with blaming Remainers. They'll blame anybody but themselves , the arsehole Tory party and the thicko racists who voted Brexit. Pardon my language but I can't stand hypocritical cowards.

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd February 2020, 11:07 PM

Oh, yes. Wait for it. I have an ex-friend (ex because I couldn't stand her racism any longer) who was determined to vote for Brexit to prevent all the folk she objected to, coming into Britain. They were all Africans.

Many Brexiteers probably don't know that Europe and Africa are different continents, they're so stupid.

Quote: beaky @ 3rd February 2020, 11:35 PM

Many Brexiteers probably don't know that Europe and Africa are different continents, they're so stupid.

Exactly. See what I said above about my EX friend.

I expect Enoch Powell regrets being dead.This could have been his finest hour.

Rolling eyes As expected Brexit's done wonders for the sour grapes trade.

Why should business be about sour grapes? It has to make a profit but the customer needs to come back.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th February 2020, 8:09 AM

Rolling eyes As expected Brexit's done wonders for the sour grapes trade.

For forty plus years Eurosceptic were nothing but negative about the EU, but apparently being Brexit Sceptic is somehow not allowed. As expected Brexit's done wonders for the hypocrisy trade.

Good to see the Brexit Lie Machine being wheeled out again - I'd almost begun to miss it.
I guess they're softening us up for the No Deal Brexit nobody voted for.

On the plus side we are all now used to empty shelves and rising unemployment.