Little Britain Page 7

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd November 2019, 12:51 PM

Love it or loathe it or be completely indifferent to it, Brexit is currently the hottest topic in Britain.

Accordingly, it's not entirely unreasonable for the Little Britain boys to knock out a sketch show based upon that topic.

I have to say that, overall, the show was very good indeed - with some superb comedy touches.

As a Brexiteer myself, I assumed this would mock us little Englanders/knuckle-draggers entirely. But actually, it was quite fairly evened out across the political spectrum.

I was adamant Walliams and Lucas would use this as an opportunity to implement their political agenda into this one-off. Matt Lucas has of course played-up to the pressures in entertainment to be as woke as possible: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/matt-lucas-little-britain-big-issue-interview-regrets_uk_59d602dce4b0380b6c9a673b

However, Lucas found an exception to play an Eastern European in one of the Little Brexit sketches - as well as continuing to mock gays etc.

I still find Little Britain funny. But Walliams and Lucas, like many in the entertainment industry are infuriatingly woke, to win their precious brownie points.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 3rd November 2019, 6:03 PM

Walliams and Lucas like many in the entertaiment industry are infuriatingly woke, to win their precious browny points.

Never a truer word.

It's tragic to see once-outrageous comedians grovelling at the altar of political correctness in order to keep the money flowing into their already colossal bank accounts.

Luckily, several comedians like Walliams, Lucas and Frankie Boyle are talented enough to be (fairly) funny without being outrageous and so they are still likely to be entertaining TV audiences for years to come.

Their sell-out, nevertheless, remains a reminder that almost anybody's soul can be bought for the right price.

I think we're all forgetting that Little Britain really became quite a tired old catchphrase regurgitating factory somewhere into its second series. I enjoyed this one off for nostalgia reasons, but let's not rewrite history to make Little Britain more than it was.

According to The Sun, David Walliams has said "Little Britain" will definitely be returning to TV.

He doesn't say when the return will be and he doesn't indicate whether it's likely to be soon or not so soon.

He does, however, concede that given the passage of time the show will have to be done somewhat differently now.

What changes will be made?

Which characters will be axed?

Time, as ever will tell.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd January 2020, 8:19 AM

According to The Sun, David Walliams has said "Little Britain" will definitely be returning to TV.

He doesn't say when the return will be and he doesn't indicate whether it's likely to be soon or not so soon.

He does, however, concede that given the passage of time the show will have to be done somewhat differently now.

What changes will be made?

Which characters will be axed?

Time, as ever will tell.

No changes must be made in terms of how they equally piss take everyday strange personalities with quirky characteristics.

They must not adhere to the minority of sensitive folk's wishes in avoiding transgender related sketches. Trans is nothing new to Little Britain and they must continue to create the laughs surrounding the trans related themes. Likewise with all the other so-called taboos they used to cover.

Any additional related madness such as self-identification/multiple genders nonsense must be ridiculed for the sake of comedy - as much you would expect them to introduce extreme right-wing idiotic characters/knuckle-draggers (as it were).

The Little Brexit show was surprisingly fair on both sides of the political spectrum. I say surprised, as they're a pair of woke celebs these days and have made it be known that their previous sketches are something to be ashamed of.

Not quite ashamed enough to not allow Netflix to air the show, of course.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 2nd February 2020, 2:50 PM

No changes must be made in terms of how they equally piss take everyday strange personalities with quirky characteristics.

They must not adhere to the minority of sensitive folk's wishes in avoiding transgender related sketches. Trans is nothing new to Little Britain and they must continue to create the laughs surrounding the trans related themes. Likewise with all the other so-called taboos they used to cover.

Any additional related madness such as self-identification/multiple genders nonsense must be ridiculed for the sake of comedy - as much you would expect them to introduce extreme right-wing idiotic characters/knuckle-draggers (as it were).

The Little Brexit show was surprisingly fair on both sides of the political spectrum. I say surprised, as they're a pair of woke celebs these days and have made it be known that their previous sketches are something to be ashamed of.

Not quite ashamed enough to not allow Netflix to air the show, of course.

I quite agree. All should be fair game, and I hope it returns as such.

Correct.
My last comment was very much on topic. Why get excited over a Sun comment?

Little Britain Lockdown Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OwVBuYNLM&feature=youtu.be

That was a fun bit of nostalgia, although critics might label it repetitive and redundant. I guess the "computer says no" character didn't cough on Matt for fear kiddies would imitate such behavior.

The definite highlight was that Tom Baker is still going.

Quote: Kenneth @ 24th April 2020, 8:05 AM

Little Britain Lockdown Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OwVBuYNLM&feature=youtu.be

That was a fun bit of nostalgia, although critics might label it repetitive and redundant. I guess the "computer says no" character didn't cough on Matt for fear kiddies would imitate such behavior.

The definite highlight was that Tom Baker is still going.

Frankly I thought it was the lowlight of the evening. I admit I used to find Little Britain funny, but this just served to show how shallow and lazy the humour really is.

In terms of nostalgic characters I thought the Catherine Tate/David Tenannt sketch was much better.

"Little Britain" was arguably one of the most original, creative and hilarious TV programmes ever.

Be that as it may, however, both Matt Lucas and David Walliams were and remain colossal talents in the world of comedy.

I thought their lockdown special was very good.

Here is a link to a survey relating to this topic. I would be very grateful if you could fill this out and get your opinion across. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7sg6cfjSFF78kSL35qh5nyXwmU0c1J-adJ0eRYh687Wmmjw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Little Britain? I think they owe The League of Gentlemen a few quid.
There was an Italian rip-off, I Soliti Idioti, which was beyond awful. They got away with it cos they said it was a homage rather than theft.

Little Britain always punched down IMHO.
Rather cruel, I thought.

Little Britain is controversial for many.