BREXIT Page 21

We call them Henny Penny in this country!Angry

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st February 2020, 4:50 PM

We call them Henny Penny in this country!Angry

Much better than Henri Centime and Heinrich Pfennig, as was the case under your Euroverlords. ;)

The revealing test on the extent of true adoration either way is the Brexit 50 pence coin. Those genuinely in love with Brexit would treasure each one of which they were in possession and would keep it rather than spending it. Those genuinely in love with EU membership would simply toss each one they had down the nearest drain. As neither of these things will happen from anyone, what in fact is being displayed by the warring factions is an all-encompassing love of money and accompanying competing perceptions of which political arrangement would reap the greatest economic rewards. And with every Brexit 50 pence coin that is spent which will be almost every one, individuals' scope for acting in a two-faced, me-first, politics-means-nothing, compromise where it suits personally will be shown to have no bounds.

Da Butt your concern should be toward a man who has dodged the draft yet belittled a true solider John McCann even in death.
A man who hides his taxes and just about conceals his racism , a misogynist and a corrupter who has circumvented your senate like a Caesar by appealing to the mob.
Europe was not our overlord it was a place where nations came together to trade and blend into an open continent that welcomed people with the chance to prosper in peace.
What will Trump gives us? Will he let us win a deal? The man is a sociopath as such he not only needs to win he also needs to vanquish.
So on reflection if asked to choose between a union of 26 countries with open borders and open minds, or a cowardly egotist who creates walls and tariffs and appeals to the mob, I know what I would choose.

Gawn yersel, Teddy.:D

Well said Teddy.
Any reasonable citizen of the USA at the moment should be too embarrassed to make fun of others.

Sadly if you're a Republican when it comes to Trump it's a case of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. They've surrendered their balls.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 1st February 2020, 6:59 PM

The revealing test on the extent of true adoration either way is the Brexit 50 pence coin. Those genuinely in love with Brexit would treasure each one of which they were in possession and would keep it rather than spending it.

I wanted the Gold one at £945, a good investment for a limited edition even if a bit dear right now. By the time I'd registered my interest they'd gone!

Well said Teddy.

On Trump himself it's hard not to agree with the essence of that, although the results of his policies have been perhaps the most successful in the USA itself since Reagan. People are being blinded to it by the vulgarity or sharpness of the man himself. Few are looking beyond to see a revived economy and industrial sector and a very reinvigorated pride in being a yank for many. It's a complete contrast to Obama who is idolised for his calm and civil presentation but his lack of progress on the economy and industry in particular which ultimately led to Trump winning the presidency is continually ignored.

You're also sanctifying the EU as a thing it wasn't, at least to the majority of people who voted in the 2016 ref. To many it was an interfering busy body who didn't understand that Brits are a different breed to continental Europeans. They patronised and demeaned us while ignoring the social chaos its boundless immigration had on us because we took the overwhelming brunt of it, thanks to idiot Blair. Full of their own self importance so typical of both French and German autocrats and ignoring the pleas for sensible reform they stood in disbelief when we effectively told them to f**k off. That's an alternative way of putting it, Ted. No regrets from most of us it seems.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd February 2020, 10:09 AM

Brits are a different breed to continental Europeans.

Since Brits include Northern Irish and Channel Islanders it must be a very selective breeding process? More likely it's an excuse for xenophobia. Vive la difference!

I suspect Kipper's definition of a True Brit are people who look and think like him. Anybody different is suspect and not welcome in his Britopia.

Which is more racist:

1 Fill the UK with Caucasian people so that heavy limits have to be put on immigration from Africa, Asia and South-America etc?
2. Let the UK have a consistent world-wide immigration system, the same for all races?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd February 2020, 8:19 AM

I wanted the Gold one at £945, a good investment for a limited edition even if a bit dear right now. By the time I'd registered my interest they'd gone!

Oh no, sorry to hear that Alf - I didn't even see that offer so you got closer to it than me.