BREXIT Page 20

Quote: chipolata @ 31st January 2020, 2:43 PM

Let me get this straight, billwill, you've got your precious Brexit yet you're already talking about it failing and trying to play a preemptive blame game! Show some faith in the thing you voted for, because if you don't nobody will.

Cobblers, Chip.

If you actually read my postings, you will find that i have said a number of times that I expect people to have made their own remain/leave decision, provided that it was based on real information, not media distortions and propaganda.

My own opinion is that it is going to be a rough time for some years, but in the long run we will be better off outside the political organization that is the EU.

So Britain is going to suffer for an indeterminate period of time - 30 years, according to Rees-Mogg - after which things may conceivably get better. Not a very exciting
prospect, is it?

Plus Bill will be long deid by then so won't suffer the damage he's inflicted on younger people. Typical of the selfish old bastards who voted for Brexit.

I still find it hard to fathom how people - apart from the rich, with vested interests - could have fallen for the Brexiteer fantasy of sunlit uplands, countries queueing up with trade deals, a glorious new dawn. All you'll get is more poverty, job losses, food banks and misery. Such stupidity!

There was a German on the tv here last night saying Frankfurt is very happy because they think a lot of the banks in City of London will move there.Whether this will effect ordinary people,I don't know?

Probably true. I've a friend whose daughter is in finance in London. As long ago as 2 years her firm was moving some of theur business to Paris. But, of course the Brexiteers knew better.

Quote: beaky @ 1st February 2020, 12:17 AM

I still find it hard to fathom how people - apart from the rich, with vested interests - could have fallen for the Brexiteer fantasy of sunlit uplands, countries queueing up with trade deals, a glorious new dawn. All you'll get is more poverty, job losses, food banks and misery. Such stupidity!

Simple explanation, They're gullible ignorami.

Many Leave voters already know in their heart of hearts that Brexit will be a catastrophic failure, and that they've contributed to Britain's decline.

Quote: Briosaid @ 31st January 2020, 10:33 PM

Quote Nigel Farage - 'believing in ENGLAND '. Says it all, bastarding xenophobe like his followers.

The same as you then.

Quote: beaky @ 1st February 2020, 12:33 AM

Many Leave voters already know in their heart of hearts that Brexit will be a catastrophic failure, and that they've contributed to Britain's decline.

Beaky, this is hysterical fantasy, if I may. It's all conjecture until trade deals are done and EU realises how much they depend on Britain's spending power. We are their biggest market, common sense will prevail to save jobs there and here. The EU will have to admit they've f**ked up to lose its second largest economy. Macron's already hinting they need to wake up to it before others go. The EU has failed, most of the highly paid mandarins in charge just can't admit to it. They blame us but it's their rigidity and petty rulemaking that was to blame.

As for the voters they did what they had to do to stop us being as crowded as Beijing in five years time. The roads are gridlocked, the NHS can't cope with demand, people's incomes have deflated, there's a housing crisis, the quality of life has plummeted in areas saturated by immigrants. Most voted because they lived the reality, 'the gullible being fed lies' was a lazy Remain slur. We have been used and we're sick of it.

In other words it's a game of poker. They have lost their second biggest economy now, they owe us no favours. Not sure I trust you with snakes and ladders Kipper!

Huzzah! We've turned our backs on forty plus years of peace, prosperity and economic growth in favour of a massive punt in the dark based not on sound reasoning but the empty sound bites of narcissistic egotists! What a great day for Britain.

Quote: billwill @ 31st January 2020, 11:48 PM

Cobblers, Chip.

Except for the bit that isn't cobblers:

Quote: billwill @ 31st January 2020, 2:22 PM

They seem to totally deny Democracy and I suspect they will make no attempts to change their ways of thinking or find new markets and will let their jobs & businesses go bankrupt, just so that they will be able to say "Yah boo Boris, I told you it wouldn't work".

I hope it succeeds, I really do. But if it doesn't then you and your ilk are to blame.

Quote: chipolata @ 1st February 2020, 10:16 AM

I hope it succeeds, I really do..

The tragic thing is the definition of 'success' has become this country not going down the pan - hardly lofty ambitions or sunlit uplands. Our economic prosperity will rise and fall with the global economy - very little to do with any deals we do or do not strike around the world.
What IS for sure is that my children are no longer free to live & work in Europe - something they took for granted when they entered university.
Something denied them in a referendum they had no say in by people who can't imagine why you'd even want to live and work in Europe in the first place.

From sunlit uplands to rain-soaked swamplands in one fell swoop.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st February 2020, 12:02 PM

The tragic thing is the definition of 'success' has become this country not going down the pan - hlook on the bright ardly lofty ambitions or sunlit uplands. Our economic prosperity will rise and fall with the global economy - very little to do with any deals we do or do not strike around the world.
What IS for sure is that my children are no longer free to live & work in Europe - something they took for granted when they entered university.
Something denied them in a referendum they had no say in by people who can't imagine why you'd even want to live and work in Europe in the first place.

Look on the bright side, imminent environmental collapse is probably going to ruin our childrens future quicker than stagnant inward-looking Brexit Britain.

You're right.
And once we're in bed with the yanks we should be able to bring about the apocalypse even faster.
Huzzah!