Detectorists - Series 2 Page 5

Good, will be watching, ta, especially after reading how good it was. Hopefully the xmas special is shown following week. Looking forward to final series later in year to see where he takes it. Surely can't be set in Botswana? My money's on him being on his own again at home. Him & Jones are superb together so it needs to get back to that dynamic. And hope Simon & Garfunkel are written into it again as the eps involving them have been the most entertaining imo. Overall Crook's done a good job on this, maybe not the funniest sitcom I've seen but it's one of the more interesting ones. Well done.

I can guarantee you that Art is in it, at very least!

On tonights long overdue repeat of series two's finale the announcer stated the new series will be shown later this year on BBC 4 - surely it deserved a mainstream BBC channel?

Quote: gb901 @ 24th August 2017, 12:08 AM

On tonights long overdue repeat of series two's finale the announcer stated the new series will be shown later this year on BBC 4 - surely it deserved a mainstream BBC channel?

Deserve and want are different things.

A very nice end of series episode and looked to me like a final end of show ep too as lots of things were tied up including going to Botswana. I don't yet know of a British sitcom or comdram that's been set there so I take it that two series was all Crook had in mind or he's written a change of plan into the new series. I like that he finally squeezed some technical stuff in on noise filtering but would've liked to have seen much more of it throughout the series, marking out search areas, taking notes of pick ups, levelling and depths and ground condition and all the anorakal stuff hobbyists love to see. Yes I do have a detector but have rarely used it for treasure hunting but this show has got my enthusiasm back for taking it up. I particularly like the little nfm pinpointers they use that weren't around in the past. Surprised they haven't said a word about these and I want to take the hobby up just to own one.

Quote: gb901 @ 24th August 2017, 12:08 AM

Yes it's mystifying until you remember it's the BBC, who are as good at scheduling as Billy Bunter is at dieting. An apparently expensive to make/buy offf the prod co. show with great reviews, a bafta and a keen fanbase and it's put onto a channel many people still don't know shows comedy and drama and therefore don't watch. :S

You'd have thought it'd be on 1 or 2, considering it's Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones as the stars. Does seem to have gained a a slightly bigger following via Netflix though thankfully, as did Lovesick too.

This is a real cute and subtley hilarious sitcom - well, more drama-comedy. Dramcom as somebody said.

The wife plays annoying very well.

Toby Jones is fantastic.

Realised that I'd seen most of this but not all of it, so I'm in the middle of watching it all in order. The mix of eccentricity and mundane paranoia is spot on.

In episode one of season two it appears that Andy leaves his baby unattended in the field while he is detecting He returns to feed the baby after hearing it cry on the baby monitor.

Watching the Series 2 reruns on BBC and it still pisses me off how selfish Becky is about sodding off to Africa despite having a three-month old child just to fulfil her midlife crisis!