MAKE A SCENE! Zeppotron BAME competition.

Is it unusual for a competition to not even send you a rejection email? Normally you would at least get something, right? I entered the titled scheme and didn't even get that. I emailed back twice and still haven't heard anything. The initial email they sent was an automated thank you for my application and on that email it said:

"We will only send you a very small number of emails to update you as to the progress of your application"

This seems odd to me.

Is there a way of getting into contact with them?

Thanks.

Be patient. These things are always massively oversubscribed and it takes an age for them to get back to people.

I sense they won't. The deadline was the 3rd.

That notification in the automated email is a bit too precise for my liking and seems like another way of saying you are only contacted if you progress with them. It would be much more up front if they said something like "If you have not heard from us within X then you have not advanced in the competition" to prevent doubt.

It is very poorly worded, leaving room for ambiguity.

Forgot about this. They did not reply. I rang them. The receptionist was nice then I got put through to the woman who was in charge of it all and she sent me straight to the answering machine. I got the picture. I just don't understand why they say they will let us know and then don't.

Not much by way of customer service then but to me the wording on the automated email suggested you would only be contacted if you progressed past certain stages or were the winner so they don't have to spend time contacting people who have been unsuccessful. It's probably counter productive for them as it results in applicants contacting them for updates and it would be easy enough for them to automate other emails.

Remember: Each rejection is just one step closer. To the next rejection.