Is There a County Which Has Not Produced a Famous Comedian? Page 4

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th January 2020, 7:49 PM

I haven't wasted my time with this because BILLY CONNNOLLY knocks them all into the nearest bin

Was he born in the Western Isles by any chance?

Christ! DON'T you know anything about him? He was born in Glasgow and proud of it.Do you live on the moon?

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th January 2020, 8:34 PM

Christ! DON'T you know anything about him? He was born in Glasgow and proud of it.Do you live on the moon?

Damn.

It was always going to be a long shot.

When it comes to the City of London, the closest I can get is Jack Whitehall who was born about a mile outside the city in the Portland Hospital near the south-east corner of Regent's Park.

Close - but unfortunately no cigar. Angry

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th January 2020, 10:38 PM

When it comes to the City of London, the closest I can get is Jack Whitehall who was born about a mile outside the city in the Portland Hospital near the south-east corner of Regent's Park.

Close - but unfortunately no cigar. Angry

That's a pretty good effort though.

How about Rutland?

Was anyone on Rutland Weekend Television born there?

Don't know but after putting "famous people who were born in Rutland" in Google.
I got James Bradshaw(actor)

"known for his roles as Gordon Grimley in the Granada series The Grimleys, D.S Geoff Thorpe in Hollyoaks and Dr. Max DeBryn in Endeavour."

not much comedy but he might have a terrific sense of humour.

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th January 2020, 3:25 AM

Don't know but after putting "famous people who were born in Rutland" in Google.
I got James Bradshaw(actor)

"known for his roles as Gordon Grimley in the Granada series The Grimleys, D.S Geoff Thorpe in Hollyoaks and Dr. Max DeBryn in Endeavour."

not much comedy but he might have a terrific sense of humour.

I am grateful for the effort - genuinely - but while he might well live in Rutland he was born in nearby Stamford which is officially in Lincolnshire. There are only two proper towns in Rutland - Oakham and Uppingham - plus a few villages. He would have qualified in terms of role as he has from time to time been involved, like many others, in comedy acting. I had been wondering if anyone was going to question the inclusion of other actors who only on occasions have had comedy roles. My defence is solid. Many of them are named in BCG's own database. See. BCG's hard work there wasn't in vain!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 25th January 2020, 4:01 PM

I had been wondering if anyone was going to question the inclusion of other actors who only on occasions have had comedy roles. My defence is solid. Many of them are named in BCG's own database. See. BCG's hard work there wasn't in vain!

Hmm Ralph Fiennes - Is that for Schindler's List?

Lancashire - Victoria Wood

Definitively not Ukraine, our most famous comedian became a president.
"KVN" - "1" channel Russia;
"95 kvartal" - "1+1" channel Ukraine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2a3kIM-mcQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXz7R_1ft64

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th January 2020, 8:58 AM

Hmm Ralph Fiennes - Is that for Schindler's List?

Lancashire - Victoria Wood

Rev, Wallace and Gromit and Maid in Manhattan.

You could have Victoria Wood as a worthy alternative to the one provided earlier for Lancashire, yes.

Quote: rrr 969 @ 26th January 2020, 12:31 PM

Definitively not Ukraine, our most famous comedian became a president.
"KVN" - "1" channel Russia;
"95 kvartal" - "1+1" channel Ukraine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2a3kIM-mcQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXz7R_1ft64

Hmmm.

Updated List:

City of London
Rutland

South Ayrshire
Angus
East Renfrewshire
Shetland Islands
Orkney Islands
Western Isles

Ceredigion
Monmouthshire

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th January 2020, 6:14 PM

You could have Victoria Wood as a worthy alternative to the one provided earlier for Lancashire, yes.

Sorry Horse in case I've missed something staring me in the face which is always possible, who is this?
:S - My eyes after searching for Lancashire for three hours.

City of London - Alexander Pope

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th January 2020, 11:41 PM

Sorry Horse in case I've missed something staring me in the face which is always possible, who is this?
:S - My eyes after searching for Lancashire for three hours.

City of London - Alexander Pope

You are right about Lancashire. I was wrong. My apologies. Thank you for filling that gap which I had missed. Thank you too for Alexander Pope which I will take on the basis that you must be sure he was born in the City of London. Certainly London was very much smaller in his time and it would have included the City. You have done amazingly well to get that one for us. Again, many thanks. As far as I am aware, we now have just nine to get.

Lancashire was 101.

102. East Renfrewshire - Kevin Guthrie.
103. Shetland Islands - Steven Robertson.
104. Western Isles - Hans Matheson.

105. Ceredigion - Trevor Ward.

Five to go.

Rutland
South Ayrshire
Angus
Orkney Islands
Monmouthshire

(I think we must have duplicated with one county along the way but am not sure which it is unless the proper total is 110 rather than being 109 as thought : I will try to see what happened when the game appears to be completed to check it is)

I think Monmouthshire is now Gwent.
Johnny Morris,he who put funny words into animal's mouths,was born in Newport ,Gwent was Mon.

Quote: john tregorran @ 27th January 2020, 7:05 PM

I think Monmouthshire is now Gwent.
Johnny Morris,he who put funny words into animal's mouths,was born in Newport ,Gwent was Mon.

Thank you. The problem here is that Monmouthshire became Gwent but Gwent has since been divided into five. The five are Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen and Johnny Morris was born in the Newport section rather than the Monmouthshire section. The latter is obviously much smaller than what was originally Monmouthshire as it excludes the other four sections. But on the basis of what it does contain, we need now someone who was born in Abergavenny, Caldicot, Chepstow, Monmouth, Magor or Usk as it is only those main places which are in what remains of Monmouthshire although I guess there might be someone from a tiny hamlet near one of those places. Hope this clarifies.