Leonard Rossiter Page 8

Just saw the Heroes of Comedy episode with Leonard Rossiter.
Really interesting. What a fantastic actor.
Great to see the old Cinzano commercials as well.

I noticed that Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) was the Hostess in the Aeroplane one.

Apparently a rather standoff-ish guy in real life. He didn't suffer fools gladly. But I think he was generally a nice enough bloke. It's not difficult to think of him in his seventies.

I see it's just gone now but last week there was a fantastic Features article on here about the great sitcom actor. Even I was amazed at some of it, hadn't heard of the Dad's Army interview nightmare before. Would love to see Coogan play him in a TV biopic, there's great material there and Coogan's a dead ringer. Can someone arrange this please.

I'd like to order a series of six British comedian/comedy actor biopics made about
Benny Hill
Frankie Howerd
Tommy Cooper
Leonard Rossiter
Bob Monkhouse
Freddie Starr

I think I'm right in saying Victoria Wood's had one hasn't she? If not, her as well.

I think there's been a Frankie Howerd biopic, starring David Walliams. Generally, I'm not sure they always work that well with comedians as I'm not sure they're that interesting, with the only one I really enjoyed being the Peter Sellers one. Although I agree a Freddie Starr one might be fun.

Not sure there's enough for a good Rossiter one.