The Goes Wrong Show

Anybody else looking forward to this? On BBC1 Monday 23rd December at 7.30PM. I absolutely adored their Peter Pan Goes Wrong a few years ago and this looks to be more of the same. Not since Some Mothers Do Ave Em have I seen so many stunts in a sitcom!

https://youtu.be/wgGrMh6jbyg

I'm really looking forward to it. Peter Pan Goes Wrong was good, but not a patch on the live stage version. Now, something fully original for TV, should feel a lot more natural and work even better for the medium.

Well I don't know about anyone else but I loved it. The perfect tonic and exactly what I needed to pick me up. Unpretentious, sublimely silly and I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for the cast create such calamity with perfect timing. The big snowman stunt was great, as was the elf in the chimney. Not a whole lot for the women to do in this one but I assume there's so much slapstick to spread out over the series we';ll see a lot more of them (in both senses if all the cast end up like the snowman did tonight!). Put me in mind of Some Mother's Do Ave Em and that's not a bad benchmark!

I forgot it was on but I saw reviews saying that it was extremely unfunny middle class crap.

"extremely unfunny middle class crap."

some on here should sue for plagiarism.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd December 2019, 10:03 PM

I forgot it was on but I saw reviews saying that it was extremely unfunny middle class crap.

Well it's a good job I chose to watch it of my own accord and liked it then!

Wonderfully funny.

I found the first couple of minutes a little slow. Not sure if that's me, used to seeing them on stage with the full theatre atmosphere, or the episode, or what. But it then picked up quite quickly and had me cackling and howling.

I ask no more than that of a comedy. Su-poib.

Watching the WWII episode. Seems like a cross between Victoria Wood, 'Allo 'Allo! and Top Secret. A lot of it was predictable but I really laughed when he walked through the door into the wall and when the blackboard slammed into her face.

This remains the funniest thing I've seen on telly for ages. Looks like the cast take some genuinely hard knocks in the name of slapstick but they are so good at selling it. The fake stairs and them all having to squeeze in was a highlight as was the mirror scene. I think I'll get even more out of a rewatch, being able to appreciate their little reactions, the timing of which are always pitch perfect.

Am I the only one watching this? The last episode was genuinely the most I think I've laughed at a half hour sitcom in years. The comedy timing between the troupe is impeccable!

It's a very funny series. Doesn't seem to have been performing all that well in the ratings though, unfortunately. The Pilot (No The Pilot) has been my favourite of the three to date.

As I think I said before Victoria Wood did it better.

Afraid it's another thumbs down.

Watched the longer Peter Pan episode and the first of the series and I don't think I've seen anything quite so predictable and tedious. As someone else said 'boring middle class' comedy except I don't think I laughed once.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th January 2020, 9:52 PM

As I think I said before Victoria Wood did it better.

Sadly she wasn't available. Errr

Well I'm still loving it, this week admittedly wasn't quite as good, but some cracking stuntwork, and Henry Lewis' maniacal laugh going on and on was very funny, as was the repeated buckets of water, old gags of course but performed to perfection.