Fat Friends

I only just discovered this sitcom - 20 odd years from its release. I perhaps had heard of the title, but nothing more.

I watched series 1, episode 1 'Love me Slender' on YouTube. Very good. Very northern based humour - I love it. YouTube has a handful of episodes but not all of them.

Trouble is, unless you buy it on DVD for a ridiculous amount, it's not available on any of the streaming platforms. Not even from the naughty torrent websites (my mate told me).

Anyway, those who haven't watched it and are Gavin & Stacey fans - you'll enjoy this show.

It was very good indeed and I'd recommend it to anyone.

However, I just checked out the prices for the DVD sets and, as Tommy says, they are pretty high.

Series 1: £35

Series 2: £12

Series 1, 2 and 3: £60

Okay, it's good - but it's not that good. Laughing out loud

Reasonable prices on CEX but out of stock which probably explains why it's so expensive elsewhere. One to look out for in charity shops/car booties.

They are pricey, but even more disappointing is that series 4 has never been made available.

I recall enjoying the show, quite a bit, but haven't seen the 4th series. I thought someone had made it available on YouTube, but it's either been taken down, or I'm misremembering.

I think of Kay Mellor as more drama and comedy drama than sitcom, but she's got a fair few other decent shows under her belt, including The Syndicate and Band of Gold.

Yes. Not a sitcom - a dramedy.