What are you listening to now? Page 1,344

The Wombles were utterly brilliant and that song was on Radio 2 this afternoon.

This is the classic though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIxkqoNi8I4

Pitter patter, postman patter, ostrich natter, doesn't matter.

Populism, !0cc's of jism,

Doodle oodle Islamism.

None the wiser?

Get down on your boogiariser.

Do the bump trump chump doobly do:

It's all just a stormzy in a teacup - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmbZXcV2Vo

(I had her - whoops, no offence intended, only joking) :)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 6th January 2020, 4:27 PM

Intense, even by their standards.

AutoPlay led me to:

who I'll investigate further, so thanks for that!

Laughing out loud

Very Tony Blackburn.

(Print is quite small, but final track of the album is The Wombles - The Orinoco Kid.)

Yes,it does sound interesting.Italian,apparently.
Mezzanine is excellent.
I see Terry Scott's "My Brother" was on the Blackburn record.That's a surprise.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 6th January 2020, 5:57 PM

The Wombles were utterly brilliant and that song was on Radio 2 this afternoon.

This is the classic though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIxkqoNi8I4

Yes it was hearing it on radio 2 that prompted me to post it on the "What are you listening to now" thread.

I was born & bred in Wimbledon and "Remember You're A Womble" was a favourite chant from the Plough Lane Terraces in the mid-70s.

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th January 2020, 10:22 PM

Yes,it does sound interesting.Italian,apparently.
Mezzanine is excellent.
I see Terry Scott's "My Brother" was on the Blackburn record.That's a surprise.

Picked up a cd of Mezzanine for 50p a while ago - need to give it another spin. First 4 tracks are on the Collected compilation album that I also have. Can't really go wrong with Massive Attack.

The Junior Choice album has quite a few unusual/novelty artists.

Chromatics are American (Seattle/Portland), and after researching it, have been on the Italians Do It Better record label (Portland based) since 2007. Original bassist, from 2001-3, Michelle DaRosa, sounds Italian. They seem to mix electronic instrumentals with Dream Pop.

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/chromatics

I like this one too:

50p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chromatics. Have definitely got me interested, even if they are not Italian :)

Listening to some of my collection I picked the album "What does it take to win your love" by Junior Walker then next to it the Walker Brothers story.

Quote: john tregorran @ 7th January 2020, 1:41 AM

50p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't complain. :)

Played Mezzanine again last night. great album. Teardrop is a classic song. Think I still prefer 100th Window though - like it's more chilled vibe, and the sequencing is exquisite.

What's Australia like for charity shops and cd/vinyl bargains, and your neck of the woods in particular?

Unfortunately not much around here.There are a few OP Shops.(It's what Aussies call charity shops and it's short for opportunity)If there is a music selection it will consist mainly of Abba,Queen, John Farnham, etc....
I have to browse Ebay or Gumtree.

Quote: john tregorran @ 7th January 2020, 8:48 PM

Unfortunately not much around here.There are a few OP Shops.(It's what Aussies call charity shops and it's short for opportunity)If there is a music selection it will consist mainly of Abba,Queen, John Farnham, etc....
I have to browse Ebay or Gumtree.

Interesting. I had to look up John Farnham btw. Nice barnet. :)

John Farnham like so many Aussie legends was born in the UK.

Charity shop purchases reminds me of a box of assorted tapes I bought for a pound.
Not much in it but this was :) I had to wait until everyone went out before I could play it.

Quote: john tregorran @ 7th January 2020, 11:56 PM

John Farnham like so many Aussie legends was born in the UK.

Charity shop purchases reminds me of a box of assorted tapes I bought for a pound.
Not much in it but this was :) I had to wait until everyone went out before I could play it.

Great stuff! Hard to think of The Fall without thinking of John Peel yet again.

He called the The Mighty Fall for some reason? I knew he liked them but why that adjective?

You are up late,it's nearly lunch time here.

The "I Dream Of Jeanie" theme in my head. I'm also picturing Barbara Eden in her little belly-dancing outfit.

Quote: john tregorran @ 8th January 2020, 1:52 AM

He called the The Mighty Fall for some reason? I knew he liked them but why that adjective?

You are up late,it's nearly lunch time here.

Up late again. :)

"Mighty" has a footy vibe to it, and Peely was crazy about Liverpool FC, so that's my guess.

Quote: chipolata @ 8th January 2020, 6:34 AM

The "I Dream Of Jeanie" theme in my head. I'm also picturing Barbara Eden in her little belly-dancing outfit.

Don't forget Larry Hagman. (I did.)

A couple of HAIM songs in Live Lounge.

Foals - London Thunder