Long-time fan, first time caller (Hello)

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris and this may come as a huge shock to all of you, but I'm a wannabe comedy...guy. I mainly write and produce but I love all types of comedy. Like most people who want to get into comedy, I'm a nobody. Looking for any avenue to show my work to people so that hopefully, one day, I may actually make a living out of this awful, stinking business that for some reason I'm desperate to be a part of. I got told of BCG by another writer that I know and after checking it out I thought I'd make an account

I have a YouTube channel where I produce animated comedy sketches. If you'd like to check it out I'd be rather grateful. And any feedback is welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheLeagueOfTasteAndClassCorp

So yeah, I'll be lurking, commenting, "networking", and all that jazz on BCG. I hope it will be a good experience

Cheers,

Chris

Hi LOTAC

Pretty decent stuff, you have a distinct style. The background music on Hen do was too distracting, for me. But I enjoyed Poppy Day , loved the premise. Really love the "with a degree of dignity" strap line. I shall work my way through you back catalogue. Out of interest how long does it take you to produce a minutes of animation in this style ?

Welcome Chris, this is a great place to chat about comedy.

Hey Firkin, thanks for checking out the channel and for the feedback! That's a pretty hard question to answer, it really depends on the scene, the amount of lip syncing, the style of animation and the ability of the animator. Also I don't do the animations myself as I have as much artistic talent as a pretzel, so maybe I'm not the best to answer this question. But if it helps, the Hen Night sketch took about 3-4 months to complete from script to finished product (not of solid work, the animator had a day job) and the Poppy Topper sketch took about 2 months to complete (again, not of solid work). I hope that goes someway to answering your question

And thanks Beaky! I'm sure I'll like it here

Ooh. Welcome! I'm away from pc atm, but will have a good look at your bits later (I have a stupidly small phone screen, which may not do them justice).

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 21st March 2019, 3:59 PM

Ooh. Welcome! I'm away from pc atm, but will have a good look at your bits later (I have a stupidly small phone screen, which may not do them justice).

Thanks Old Lady Leg, much appreciated!

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 21st March 2019, 3:59 PM

Angelic

Hi all. I relate to this title "long-time fan, first time caller". Hello from New Zealand. Wave

Not usual for a Kiwi to be so reticent.
Only joking.Hello from next door.:)

Hello neighbour. Hope you are coping ok in Vic.

Yes, thanks.The fires are not near us,we just get the smoke some days.Cheers.