What are you listening to now? Page 1,343

Quote: john tregorran @ 22nd December 2019, 7:44 PM

Radiohead is very similar in that respect.

Radiohead bore me shitless.

Bad luck.

God rest yee merry gentlemen by Carly Simon. Yes still listening to Christmas songs.

Cake - Comfort Eagle (Late World with Zach)

There is a song by Paul Simon called The Late Great Johnny Ace. This, more than anything else, sums up why I hate him so much.

Captain Sensible's solo album which I've just bought from a charity shop.

Massive Attack feat. Horace Andy - Girl I Love You (Live - Fuji Rock 2010)

Nice.
I haven't listened to them for years. Blue Lines I played a lot and that came out nearly 30 years ago!

Today I am having some Anima by Yorke.A Xmas present.

Quote: john tregorran @ 3rd January 2020, 3:21 AM

Nice.
I haven't listened to them for years. Blue Lines I played a lot and that came out nearly 30 years ago!

Today I am having some Anima by Yorke.A Xmas present.

Good old Santa! ANIMA is excellent.

For Xmas I requested and received recent releases from Elbow & Lana Del Rey, and the best of Spoon. Happy with all of them.

Massive Attack's 100th Window is a lesser known masterpiece, and would fit well with ANIMA too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYVBx_1sgYY&list=PLfimnwaZdumj5WLv53rEBKyt4LcxGH0_5

I'm currently listening to another neglected gem - The Liberty of Norton Folgate

Yes,I see what you mean with Massive Attack.Thanks,I'll have to investigate that one.:)

Well I've had a listen and that's another I've just got to have.I didn't realize that Sinead O'Connor had joined them

Quote: john tregorran @ 3rd January 2020, 8:22 PM

Yes,I see what you mean with Massive Attack.Thanks,I'll have to investigate that one.:)

Well I've had a listen and that's another I've just got to have.I didn't realize that Sinead O'Connor had joined them

I'd forgotten that. They always pick great guest vocalists, like Martina Topley Bird, or Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star.

I got pretty obsessed with 100th Window the summer of 2018. It's very very addictive.

Continuing the Massive attack.

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th January 2020, 3:44 AM

Continuing the Massive attack.

Intense, even by their standards.

AutoPlay led me to:

who I'll investigate further, so thanks for that!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th January 2020, 3:49 PM

Laughing out loud

Very Tony Blackburn.

(Print is quite small, but final track of the album is The Wombles - The Orinoco Kid.)