I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,138

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd January 2020, 4:16 PM

What a lovely way to be.

Especially with relatives like his!

I just read about this maniac who stripped nude, ran into a church and molested all the kids. And the Italians go, 'Ooooh in a CHURCH...' Doesn't that just sum up Italy? 'If it was park I wouldn't mind, but a CHURCH? Have some decorum.'

If somebody blasts Trump to smithereens I'll stand up here and cheer. Unfortunately he's too well protected. Bloody gangster.

He's more likely to explode from inside.
He's got a backbone of a slug.

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th January 2020, 8:18 PM

If somebody blasts Trump to smithereens I'll stand up here and cheer.

I assume you're getting all spun up about the strike on the Iranian general? Just a reminder: he was directly responsible for killing scores of British soldiers.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jun/22/military.afghanistan

Quote: DaButt @ 4th January 2020, 9:49 PM

I assume you're getting all spun up about the strike on the Iranian general? Just a reminder: he was directly responsible for killing scores of British soldiers.

Stick your reminder where the sun don't shine, the rest of the world knows this us a Trump ploy to be re-elected, no matter how many deaths he causes.

Quote: DaButt @ 4th January 2020, 9:49 PM

He was assassinated. When was the last time the US president openly assassinated a foreign military leader leaving a civilian airport? I'm sure it happens in secret but why has this incident been shared with the world media?

Trump has all the diplomacy of a cat.

Amendment ' so morons like you will re-elect him.'

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th January 2020, 10:15 PM

Stick your reminder where the sun don't shine, the rest of the world knows this us a Trump ploy to be re-elected, no matter how many deaths he causes.

Funny, because the prevailing wisdom is that starting a war is generally thought to be detrimental to a presidential campaign, especially when the candidate has been a vocal critic of starting wars. But all in all, the Iranian general has much more blood on his hands. Good riddance.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 4th January 2020, 10:17 PM

He was assassinated. When was the last time the US president openly assassinated a foreign military leader leaving a civilian airport? I'm sure it happens in secret but why has this incident been shared with the world media?

We killed Osama bin Laden in his own home. Is that any better than killing an adversary at an airport? Military forces traditionally make the battlefield an army vs army affair, but when someone makes the battlefield New York City, synagogues, schools and marketplaces, killing your adversary on the battlefield means killing them where you find them.

You've already explained why the incident was "shared with the world media" - it took place in a very public location with lots of witnesses, and shortly after an attack on our embassy. There's no way to keep it secret.

Unquestionably the Iranian was a ' bad guy', but whether it was wise to kill him is another matter in terms of destabilising further an already unstable region.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th January 2020, 10:47 PM

Unquestionably the Iranian was a ' bad guy', but whether it was wise to kill him is another matter in terms of destabilising further an already unstable region.

Chip, you are always the voice of reason.i get so angry at ignorant morons who're taken on in by glib-talking bastards.

Soleimani stayed in the shadows for more than 30 years because he was worried about being targeted. Over the last few years he's been very visible and bragged about being untouchable, even as he was organizing deadly attacks on Americans. The fact that he was killed in Baghdad while in the company of the leader of the recent embassy assault speaks volumes.

Sometimes a guy needs a punch in the nose...with a Hellfire missile.

So bloody visible none of us had heard of him. Time the scales dropped from your eyes Da Butt and you saw your hero for the arsehole he is. Maybe when the body bags stack up you'll see the light, but I doubt you're capable.

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th January 2020, 11:26 PM

So bloody visible none of us had heard of him.

Maybe you should read more. I've been aware of him for about 20 years. As soon as I heard his name on the news I knew who it was and remembered what he looked like. As for the body bags, they've been stacking up for decades. The dead General was personally responsible for thousands of them. He got what he deserved.

Quote: DaButt @ 4th January 2020, 11:21 PM

Soleimani stayed in the shadows for more than 30 years because he was worried about being targeted. Over the last few years he's been very visible and bragged about being untouchable, even as he was organizing deadly attacks on Americans. The fact that he was killed in Baghdad while in the company of the leader of the recent embassy assault speaks volumes.

Sometimes a guy needs a punch in the nose...with a Hellfire missile.

What happened to bringing charges of war crimes? Since when are world leaders allowed to just eliminate people at will and then give the thumbs up to their nation?

The fact is Soleimani would respond to Trumps online posts and it angered him enough to terminate him.